Change audi factory amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

Martyn85

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
HI guys, first post so hoping I'm in the right place. Currently looking at changing the amplifier in my B7 Cabriolet. Changed all speakers theres a slight improvement but changing the amp would put the icing on the cake. Currently have a juice 8 active sub run from a pionner sph-da230dab with 6.5 inch rockford fosgate speakers in the back panels and front doors. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

You didn't say what year your vehicle was, or what factory sound system you have. Have you tried crutchfiel.com for the appropriate wiring harness? Sonic electronics.com may also have what you need. Make sure you get the ight harness for your vehicle. This one is an example.

Metra 70-1787

Wiring Harness for Select 1996-2008 Audi Vehicles • Amplifier Integration Harness For 1996-2008 Audi Vehicles w/Bose Sound

Sorry its 2007 non bose system. Ill have a look at them thanks.
Crutchfield is definitely a good source for figuring out what odds and ends you need to integrate with your factory wiring harnesses. You'll pay a little more for gear through them but their support and service is excellent. Before you pull the trigger on buying anything run it up the flagpole here and get some feedback to make sure you're going to get what you expect.

And yes, an aftermarket amp will be night and day difference.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.