Chance of keeping Stock HU? 2014 Tacoma

That doesn't matter. The same goes for my car, but when you add preouts to the stock amp you do so before the EQ/crossover circuits so it's just a raw signal.
This isn't always a viable option, especially if the amplifier gets a digital input.

Thanks T3mpest.
I don't have much tuning experience, though I have no problems doing the footwork to learn. In fact, I think I would enjoy it. Never hurts to learn new things.

Darkhart,

By adding preamp outs, what would I need to buy? Can you give me some reference points?

Thanks
Learning to tune is more than just "learning to tune". If i were in your situation, I'd go with the ms8 for now, experience it, and if you are really motivated, do research on the side until your ready to manually tune a processor.

Go over to diyma and read the RTA and SQ threads. If you can't understand most of what's being discussed then you aren't ready to tune. My 02 anyways.

An ms8 with be a good start. It'll always resell and you put that towards a different processor

Learning to tune is more than just "learning to tune". If i were in your situation, I'd go with the ms8 for now, experience it, and if you are really motivated, do research on the side until your ready to manually tune a processor.Go over to diyma and read the RTA and SQ threads. If you can't understand most of what's being discussed then you aren't ready to tune. My 02 anyways.

An ms8 with be a good start. It'll always resell and you put that towards a different processor
Thanks for the input. Would you recommend going that same route if I were to buy everything, install it and have an audio shop tune it?

Thanks for the input. Would you recommend going that same route if I were to buy everything, install it and have an audio shop tune it?

Chances are an shop won't know where start on tuninga processor, then charge you extra for attempting. I can't think of one shop around here that can, unless there's something i don't know

Check with him regarding tuning you're saying? Or in general?
Tuning, but he's probably going to need to know what your project involves overall before he would schedule anything. He's a very good tuner, and if he will take you on it will be money well spent.

Tuning, but he's probably going to need to know what your project involves overall before he would schedule anything. He's a very good tuner, and if he will take you on it will be money well spent.
Awesome. Thanks for the help man.

It doesn't look to me like he is a JBL retailer, though he is Audison. You previously mentioned the MS-8 being of the only DSPs that would compensate for the audible time delays with the bass.

Do you have an opinion on the Audison BitTen? Based on what I'm seeing I'm sure he's more than capable of tuning basically anything, but it may be simpler for him to tune a Bit10 seeing as he probably works on those a lot more.

Awesome. Thanks for the help man.
It doesn't look to me like he is a JBL retailer, though he is Audison. You previously mentioned the MS-8 being of the only DSPs that would compensate for the audible time delays with the bass.

Do you have an opinion on the Audison BitTen? Based on what I'm seeing I'm sure he's more than capable of tuning basically anything, but it may be simpler for him to tune a Bit10 seeing as he probably works on those a lot more.
Yes, he probably would be more efficient with an Audison product than MS-8. I have not used an Audison processor to form my own opinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.