Chambers behind subs that some T Lines have and most dont? What do they Do?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jroo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
On some T line designs I see that people have the woofer firing into a chamber and then it goes into the line/port. On most T line designs, the woofer just fires directly into the line/port and that snakes around. I grasp and understand the math to figure out the line/port length. I have never seen anywhere how someone comes up with the chamber size that the woofer fires into before the line/port. How would you figure this out and why is is necessary? What do they do if a T line is really nothing but a long port?

t lines are supposed to be just a long port, ive seen some cases where a tumor was put on the start to allow for the sub to actually fit in the enclosure, but im not really sure the effects of it on the performance.

Phoenix Risen, that makes sense, but the size has to affect the line and the performance. Would anyone know how this would factor into your calcualtion?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.