Challenge...BB, Amazon, $500

Beentown

Senior VIP Member
So a friend has issued the challenge that I am struggling with. He has $500 in gift cards from Amazon and Best Buy. $250 each.

When I see him later this summer I am going to glass his spare tire well and put a 12" sub in it. Right now we need a 5 channel amp, 12" sub (will be used later also when I glass the well), wiring kit and a temporary 12" (read:cheap) box. I prefer the temp box be ported with a tune under 40hz if possible. He already has door speakers and HU. I realize I may be stuck with sealed.

Right now I am at

Best Buy:

Pioneer GMD9605 $240

Amazon:

Sundown E-12 D4 $140

Scosche SE12CC sealed, 1.25 cu ft $40

Knuconceptz 4ga amp kit $33

Extra RCA's $16

This gets me too $469 total.

So I am within budget but...I'd like other good sub choices from either BB (good luck I know) or Amazon. Something in the 400 to 700 watt rms range. It needs to be to be D4 or single 2 ohm coils. Any ideas on a ported box for a single 12 with a tune under 40hz that is relatively cheap aasincev available through Amazon since it is going to be replaced in 8 months?

This is going in a Honda CRV, the old style.

Really wish I could build the box now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They told him they match pricing but not with Amazon.
Sounds like he had a sales person at Best Buy that didnt know what they were talking about. I price match everything at Best Buy with my Amazon Prime. That way I dont have to wait for shipping. You can also price match with Target and Walmart at Best Buy.

Direct from Best Buys site https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/best-buy-low-price-guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com.

Does Best Buy still sell gift cards to other stores? If so, Use the Best Buy gift card to buy an Amazon gift card and you can upgrade the amp your buying...
Thanks. This would surely help me pick different items. BB ***** for car audio.

Sounds like he had a sales person at Best Buy that didnt know what they were talking about. I price match everything at Best Buy with my Amazon Prime. That way I dont have to wait for shipping. You can also price match with Target and Walmart at Best Buy.
Direct from Best Buys site https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/best-buy-low-price-guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000]https://www.bestbuy.com/site/help-topics/best-buy-low-price-guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

Best Buy will only match Amazon that is SOLD and shipped by Amazon, not a sub company. That is pretty rare match in car audio for Amazon and Best Buy

Best Buy will only match Amazon that is SOLD and shipped by Amazon, not a sub company. That is pretty rare match in car audio for Amazon and Best Buy
I quoted Best Buys policy directly and it doesnt specify that.

EDIT: Found it in their policy. Pretty sure what you are referring to would fall under this clause:

Products shipped from or sold by third-party sellers on websites.

pioneer amps don't have ss filter on them so for ported box i'd want one, u could get a 4 channel and a mono amp with ss filter that does little better power for maybe $250 but i'm talking about online prices maybe amazon.. bigblank here tested this amp to do like 850rms https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-REF-551A-Amplifier-Reference-Monoblock/dp/B01KX8PT1I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1516510969&sr=8-3&keywords=infinity+amp now just find a decent 4 channel.. oh well looks like the infinity mono amp don't have ss filter either but can find u something maybe on amazon.. ok here's a 750 rms rockville with ss even cheaper https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-dB13-1500w-Class-Amplifier/dp/B0717692VZ/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1516511487&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=mono+amplifier+car+audio&psc=1

I've seen Best Buy refuse to match stuff online plenty. For example, where I live there isn't a Frye's so they won't match their prices for me if their brick and mortar stores aren't 'local'.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.