cerwin vega ?

gixxr13
10+ year member

motorboatin sob
maryland
i just sold my old 12" rf power hx2's and was gonna get 2 15" kicker L7's but money got a little tight so i was looking on ebay for something a little cheaper and ran into thesehttp://cgi.ebay.com/New-Pair-Cerwin-Vega-V-Max-15-Subwoofer-152-Subs-VMX-NR_W0QQitemZ110150114113QQihZ001QQcategoryZ18804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ive contacted the ebay store to see if he would do the same package deal with duel 4 ohm subs so i could run them at 1 ohm and im just waiting on a reply. if he can do this ill probly go head and order them.anyway my first question is has any body heard these? ive done a search and read some other posts saying these things get pretty loud and that the rms is underrated just looking for a little more input. they would be going in my old ramcharger ive been restoring wich ive left the back seat out of for amp racks and subs, going to build my first large ported box for them because ive got a sh**load of space to work with. for power ive been thinking about picking up a used sundown 1500d from the classifieds. that leads to my second question with everything i just said about my plans do you think it would get pretty loud? thanks for your time.

I currently use four of those very subs, and don't have a bad thing to say about them. I give them way over their rms rating, and they have had no issues as of yet. Obviously you have to be careful, as in any case like that, watch for clipping and distortion, bump carefully and you'll be fine. They have a nice tight sound, and have done me well in the lanes as well. Highly recommended to anyone looking to save some money!

thanks man thats exactly what i was hoping to hear and thats kind of funny i was thinking about doing 2 more when i have more money cause ive got from the back of the driver seat back to use up. what is your box volume and what is it tuned to?

Right now, I have them running off a Concept cd-3910. The exact same circuit board as the ma 4000. I have it wired at 2 ohm, simply cause my only other option is .5, and the amp doesn't like that. I will get another amp, and run one at one ohm, to each pair.

I have two different enclosures, one is in a wall, roughly 6 cubes per sub, tuned to 32 hz for daily. The other, is in a single chamber, 15 cube box, tuned to 60+hz for dbdrag:

thumb_Picture%20153.jpg

The wall is behind that box.

thats pretty impressive, i think i might do kind of a half wall, you think 12 cubes at 32 hz would be good for a daily setup?

ok good stuff thanks for all the help guys. I actually read that in a old thread last night after my last post that they did better in smaller enclosures but thanks for confirming it. Any one know who could design me a box for a small price , I can build anything but dont even know where to begin with tuning a box? Oh and ive been waiting for a reply for to long now about the dual 4ohm subs so im about to call the # they have up on ebay, hoping to order them tonight.

you are the muthafbuvuckin man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bowdown.gif.b85b23b82970bd22fb6b549c3392f016.gif . thanks man im gonna get some measurments in about an hour, ill hit you later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.