Cerwin vega vmax-124 enclosure help

Participant count
  • Participant list

808subz
10+ year member

i have two cerwin vega vmax 124 subwoofers the ones with the silver cones and black rubbers, and i am having trouble finding the enclosure specs for a ported box. anyone have any info on a box for these subs and some info on the port diameter and legnth?

is that 4 cubes for the both of them and would it be better to have round ports or a slotted port? also would it be better to divide the box in half for each sub?

is that 4 cubes for the both of them and would it be better to have round ports or a slotted port? also would it be better to divide the box in half for each sub?
Yes, That is 4 cubes for both of them. Round ports are usually used for Sound quality, but slot ports, you won't really know a difference. Id say, if you know how to make a box, its rather easy to do so, ported or sealed, just make a slot port because its cheaper than buying aeroports. No need for dividing sections, unless you really want to.

Check out the free box plans in the enclosure section of this forum, find one tuned to what I said, 34-36, 4 cubes, and cut out the sizes on MDF board. Then assemble it, always predrill your holes for screws, ect, and if you know how, fiberglass the inside to seal it off, and increase quality.

Also, 45ing the corners won't hurt either.

Have fun.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.