center console rebuild

chief_bignut
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok guys i thought id share. ok well my son decided to put his foot through my old center console so i had to redo the old one was half assed anyway. so on with the pics please let me kow what you guys think its very basic and simple. my old one housed two 8" subs this on doesnt. thanks in advance guys here are the pics

IMG_0122.jpg

here it is mocked up before i take apart and glue and what not final adjustments i hate having to scrap and redo

IMG_0124.jpg

another angle

IMG_0125.jpg

i know i know stay awayfrom the bondo crap but i had it laying around and i figured for what im going to use it for its cool and ive worked with it enough i can make it do what i want i honestly have not had any problems with it.the old console is in the background if you look above the bondo lid and under the hardener you can see where my son put his foot through //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

i didnt want to take my iphone out and get it full of dust while sanding so i didnt take pictures of that part but im sure everyone on here knows what sanding is. i dont have pictures from start to the mock up because i thought i didnt have a camera my mom had borrowed mine and then it hit me i have an iphone so i busted it out at that point. i added sup holders by request from the wife //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif and the rectangular slit up front is for my eq i had it by my foot in the old console. i relocated it because it was a pain to have to reach down by my foot to make adjustments. i used bedliner for the finish i used about 4 coats nice and even coats oh by the way this is going in my 2000 ford explorer xls ill post more pictures tomorrow im done for the night again guys let me know what you think

GONZO

ok guys i thought id share. ok well my son decided to put his foot through my old center console so i had to redo the old one was half assed anyway. so on with the pics please let me kow what you guys think its very basic and simple. my old one housed two 8" subs this on doesnt. thanks in advance guys.GONZO
Reading ftw

Looks sharp! Keep us updated.

"and the rectangular slit up front is for my eq i had it by my foot in the old console. i relocated it because it was a pain to have to reach down by my foot to make adjustments."

once again, reading FTW. OP...looks great man! show some pics of it installed.

Not bad at all. Looks good to me.. Only thing I would have done diff..where the EQ is... I'd have it on the slope to the top by the drink holders, its still nice, IMO
i had it similar to that in my other car where i had it installed like that but the eq emits a bright blue light that shines upward and blinded me so i figured this way i can still see what im doing and light up the ac controls as well

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.