Cement box?

lol sounds kinda intuitive but i don't the weight to sound ratio wouldn't be too good for a daily i remember my local shop having like and s-10 with a camper i think with the whole bed concreated in for a system never got to hear it but yeas

I know that someone earlier in the thread said something about cement board. Would this work for an enclosure? Would it have flex or would it be stiffer than MDF? I figure that if it is good enough to put tile on it in the bathroom or kitchen then it would have to be good enough for a sub??????? LOL

Steve

Could always go for some super light weight stuff and use fiberblass strands and fiberglass or plastic reinforcing grid with about 1/4" openings. Only problem would be large flat panels. Concrete is good in compression but not tension so when you get larger flat ares flex will be easier and that is what will crack or break the concrete, but with the right amount of reinforcement you should be good. Also look into latex for the mix as well this will add some more tensile strength to the concrete.

Can make some crazy stuff out of concrete, Check out http://www.concretecanoe.org its a competition held every year that I participated in a few times with school. Made a concrete mix that was actually light enough to float in water, got myself a softball sized ball of it that will just float, kinda cool stuff.

yeah but you would be the talk of the town if you had a concrete box for your subs. I would never do it myself but i think that it would be pretty interesting. IMO

Steve

I new it had some marble in it.
yup.. I had to frame it in MDF to keep the marble reasonable to work with.

here are some pics for the fun of it.

marbleassy-1.jpg

PICT0098.jpg

PICT0105.jpg

marblefrontsmall.jpg

PICT0080.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

PICT0051.jpg

seemed to work well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.