CEA-2006 compliancy

Beatin'
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MI
I notice that while surfing the threads in this forum, I see many people seem to prefer non-compliant amps.

Why? If that non compliant brand is so good, why don't they just become compliant to the CEA standard to show legitimacy?

Cost money to become cea compliant , its a cost many or most high end companys don't feel they need to have ,when companys like sundown , dd , crossfire , IA , Mmats to name few have better rating systems than the cea 2006 is anyway

It is more useful to companys like audiopipe and maxxsonics and the budget amplifiers like rf prime series , kicker dx line , kenwood kac , etc

Cea2006 is 14.4v @1% thd @ 4 ohm, a good example is crossfire rates there bmf/c5line @12.5v and there budget c3 line @13.8v

cea compliant means nothing ,just to let you know .
How does it mean "nothing"? I saw a youtube video of somebody testing a kicker amp and an unnamed non-compliant amp with a DMM that has a oscilliscope. The kicker amp was getting the wattage RMS it was rated for at 2ohms. The other amp couldn't even get its 4ohm rating at 2ohms, it was clipping the signal so bad. So why the hell would I ever bother with non compliant amps?

I also don't understand how it costs a company money to be compliant. Does the CEA charge money for a company to have the label on their products, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
How does it mean "nothing"? I saw a youtube video of somebody testing a kicker amp and an unnamed non-compliant amp with a DMM that has a oscilliscope. The kicker amp was getting the wattage RMS it was rated for at 2ohms. The other amp couldn't even get its 4ohm rating at 2ohms' date=' it was clipping the signal so bad. So why the hell would I ever bother with non compliant amps?
I also don't understand how it costs a company money to be compliant. Does the CEA charge money or a company to have the label on their products, etc?[/quote']

What was the other brand of amp? I'm guessing it was a low quality amp. The amps we discuss on here are tested by the company, as well as tested by members. We know which ones will put out rated power or higher.

How does it mean "nothing"? I saw a youtube video of somebody testing a kicker amp and an unnamed non-compliant amp with a DMM that has a oscilliscope. The kicker amp was getting the wattage RMS it was rated for at 2ohms. The other amp couldn't even get its 4ohm rating at 2ohms' date=' it was clipping the signal so bad. So why the hell would I ever bother with non compliant amps?
I also don't understand how it costs a company money to be compliant. Does the CEA charge money or a company to have the label on their products, etc?[/quote']

The amp they put the kicker against was probably flea market garbage. Legitimate companies don't need cea compliancy to sell a product.

What was the other brand of amp? I'm guessing it was a low quality amp. The amps we discuss on here are tested by the company, as well as tested by members. We know which ones will put out rated power or higher.
^^^^^^this ^^^^^^^ and as a rep for a couple of non compliant companies,i can tell you that the amps i'm talking about will walk and stomp all over that kicker amp any day .

The amp they put the kicker against was probably flea market garbage. Legitimate companies don't need cea compliancy to sell a product.
The average guy doesn't know what's legitimate and what's not. Even if a company makes a great amp, why WOULDN'T they abide by CEA standards to show the average consumer that their brand is to be trusted? Since your product is so good, what harm is there to be compliant and show the potential consumer the products legitimacy and possibly attract more people?

I notice that while surfing the threads in this forum' date=' I see many people seem to prefer non-compliant amps.
Why? If that non compliant brand is so good, why don't they just become compliant to the CEA standard to show legitimacy?[/quote']

well 99% of the amps you see that are cea complaint are made in china ( jbl kicker rockford mtx hifonics has cea rated amps too...etc) all made in china

the good amps that everyone leans towards like crescendo sundown audioque etc are KOREAN made..just better quality parts all around (hence y they cost more)

and honestly ive never see a korean amp not do rated

I also don't understand how it costs a company money to be compliant. Does the CEA charge money for a company to have the label on their products, etc?[/quote']

So you saw a video on youtube ?

Yes it cost money and you have to be a member of there little club as well

Who do you think decided on this so called standard and it was created to sell amplifiers and speakers (cea2031 which is also a joke) not to benefit the consumer

Stick around and lose the attitude and you can learn a lot from some of the guys on here

Not trying to be an *** honestly just a friendly piece of advice

So you saw a video on youtube ?Yes it cost money and you have to be a member of there little club as well

Who do you think decided on this so called standard and it was created to sell amplifiers and speakers (cea2031 which is also a joke) not to benefit the consumer

Stick around and lose the attitude and you can learn a lot from some of the guys on here

Not trying to be an *** honestly just a friendly piece of advice
this^right here,its so much better to hear real world experience on a given product then read a piece of paper,every one i know has done this as to a decision on what they buy,listening to others that have the amps they are interested in and what they think of them,i chose my 2 500.1's because i know a guy that had 4 of them and did a 170.2DB,the experience he has is priceless vs. what i read about them

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.