CEA-2006 compliancy

The average consumer doesnt even know what CEA compliant means. They are uneducated.

If they knew what CEA compliant meant they would know it only means that an amp does at or under a certain THD rating at 4 ohms. That doesnt mean it stays at or under THD at 2 or 1 ohms even if its rated at those impedance as well.

That means an amp can still be over rated and CEA compliant if it maintains THD. If an amp is over rated you dont get what you think you are paying for. Its a scam to trick people into thinking CEA actually means something significant hence this thread.

The average guy doesn't know what's legitimate and what's not. Even if a company makes a great amp' date=' why WOULDN'T they abide by CEA standards to show the average consumer that their brand is to be trusted? Since your product is so good, what harm is there to be compliant and show the potential consumer the products legitimacy and possibly attract more people?[/quote']
i believe cea rating is @ 4 ohms, which is almost never used with competition grade equipment. the "average" consumer is not the market that the "non-compliant" brands are going after, so why spend extra money?

since we're talking about the "average" consumer, how many of them know companies such as sundown, aq, IA, etc etc? probably not many, but they do all know mainstream brands such as kenwood, kicker, rockford, alpine. that cea crap is another tool used by those brands to prove their product to uneducated customers.

with the "non-compliant" equipment, it is already trusted and tested in the real world by many so their performance is proven, no need to waste money on being cea compliant..

The average consumer doesnt even know what CEA compliant means. They are uneducated.
If they knew what CEA compliant meant they would know it only means that an amp does at or under a certain THD rating at 4 ohms. That doesnt mean it stays at or under THD at 2 or 1 ohms even if its rated at those impedance as well.

That means an amp can still be over rated and CEA compliant if it maintains THD. If an amp is over rated you dont get what you think you are paying for. Its a scam to trick people into thinking CEA actually means something significant hence this thread.
hence my comment about real world experience over a piece of paper

As far as I'm concerned' date=' it ain't perfect but at least it's a standard of some sort. Otherwise, all amps would be like this one in this thread.
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifiers/556789-amp-even-close-what-they-say.html

power acoustics rated 2000wrms when in reality it can only do closer to 1000wrms at 1ohm.[/quote']

Again uneducated consumer. You can tell that amp wont do rated by looking at the fuses. 150a of fuses for 4000 watts. Not possible. All PA would have to do is rate that amp at 700@4 and they would be CEA compliant even though none of the other specs at 2 or 1 ohm are even possible.

CEA is not a standard. A standard would be something every company needs to follow to be compliant. CEA compliance doesnt specify a frequency at what THD is measured. THD will change at different frequencies. A standard by which something is measured would clearly define those parameters.

I dont think my Audio System Twister is CEA compliant, but I can guarantee it would smash any CEA compliant amp in THD, efficiency, quality, and S/N ratio sold at your local Best Buy or B&M store.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.