running ia 20.1 under .5

Participant count
  • Participant list
[quote name='Dtrom']Got the 20.1 comin... I hear these things can be safely ran at some crazy low ohm loads. What you guys think bout running this beast at .33 daily... Too crazy?[/QUOTE]

talk to tfade. @TaylorFade ;

well he would know better then anyone, just make sure you got the electrical to run it at that.
Elec SHOULD be solid.. just tryin to get a few more ppls input. Just don't wanna destroy the amp cuz I'm broke lmao

I'm gonna post this here so that anyone searching this topic can see it as well. And so that you don't think I misled you.

I don't recall us ever talking about .33 daily before today. If we had, I may have recommended against the amp. I have beat the crap out of the older model and it took every bit of my abuse. It did good numbers for such a small amp and I don't think I ever protected them. I never tried it below .25 though. I also tried them mostly on sub par electrical and it never low voltage protected. Even @.5 daily.

Now, this new style. When I spoke to Nick about them, all I was told was that they were 10-15% more power and a tad smaller. No mention of tightened protection. Well, for the first time in my dealings with the 20.1, I managed to protect it just last week @.35 nominal. Digging a little further into the matter, I "heard" that the new ones don't like .35 and below. I did manage to get about 10 burps on it at that load, but it was picky. Which to me indicates it didn't like certain notes and the rise might have been too low.

With that said, if you're stuck with .33, let me know and I'll buy it back from you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.