cdt's or infinity kappas?

Here's a question: I just bought 2 pairs of 6.5 kappa's and I'm going to be running it off of my jl 300/4 which is pushing 75w RMS per speaker. 1 pair are the 6.5 2-ways, and the other is the 6.5 3-ways. Which pair would you recommend in the front? I have a 91 accord, and the front mounting depth is 2". I'm sure I can modify the interior to make them fit, just wanted someone else's opinion. I have a 12w7 in a sealed box being pushed by a jl 500/1 so base is not an issue. Never used infinitys before, will those kappas sound ok with my 300/4 and the w7?

I would go with the 3 ways for added mid-range. U may want to get some kick panels to put them in. I'm sure there is someone here that can make u some really good ones if ur willing to wait. U may want to turn the tweeters down to minus something depending on ur taste. The tweets are very detailed but too harsh to my ears so turning them down helped for me.

I don't know why everybody bashes on infinity, i think they are good speakers. Of course there are better out there, but i feel that infinity's sound good. And the tweeters are harsh, but i like the high pitch highs, so i like the kappa tweeters. Yes, your kappas will sound good, just put them in and listen, you'll see.

The problem is I bought 1 pair of kappa 2-ways and 1 pair of 3-ways (separate times). I bought the 3's first and when I was looking at the front, because of the space issue (3-way tweeter sticks up 2 high) I bought the 2-ways thinking they would fit better. Is the sound difference gonna be that much? Does anyone know where I can get some kick panels for a 91 accord?

I would probably choose the cdt's if it was me man. However neither of those complement your sub well. You have one of the best SQL subs out there and you are going to half ass it on your componenets. I wouldn't take the more affordable way out, save a little more money and get something that sounds better.

Hey slick rick I have an 01 max and i've been on the org for around a year. I plan on purchasing the cdts pretty soon myself, let me know how it goes.
buy the cl 61a's asap. i installed them - crossovers right b4 i went home for winter break and they sound 100x better. im in the process of installing the xovers/ h/u now. if you need any help pm me on the org @slickrick.

CDT's hands down...heard the cl61's and i own them. also heard the HD's...and heard kappa's and perfects. CDT's win hands down. peace
NG
def. every1 has them... who cares, they are good. last time i checked no1 opens up my car door to see what components i have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.