CDT or ADS? How Much Power?

Dynasty
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
This will be my first component speaker set. I want something that will give me excellent SQ and will last me a while. My choices are the following:

1) CDT CL-61A = $130

2) CDT CL-61A with TW-24 tweeters = $150

* Is the extra $20 worth it for the upgraded tweeters?

3) ADS 346CS = $140

What speaker is right for me? I listen to 75% rap/hip-hop and 25% rock.

Regardless of what speakers I go with, they will be powered by a Coustic 400s 2 ch amp. The amp puts out 50 watts at 4ohms and 100 watts at 2 ohms.

I do not have any audio shops around me that carry either brand so I need as much info as I can about these speakers.

I had the CDT CL61A a little while back. They didn't come alive till I put 150 watts to them. I do love the way CDT's sound though. Very warm and the tweet is perfect. If you like bright tweets this is not the set for you. Sorry I don't have any experience with ADS, but I'd look at the CDT CL5.25 if I were you.

I highly recommend the CL61A with the upgraded tweeter. I'm running them now with 150w to each side, and they sound great. Tweeter is far from harsh, being silk. Also the mid bass response is awesome.

However with only 50w, they might not run too well.

Thinking or getting another set of comps to sit on until I get my new ride (either a midsize ext cab truck, or a civic).

Both the CDT's and ADS's look good. How would Crystal SSCS6's fair in this comparison?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.