cdt install help

Participant count
  • Participant list

magic_wizard
10+ year member

Atlanta
hi. I would appreaciate any help you guys can give on installing my cdt euros in my doors.

I was told mount the mids onto something solid, like an mdf spacer ring, and not onto the plastic door panel. I made the rings and plan on mounting those to the metal of the door, but I am concerned about them getting wet. I know for a fact they will get wet, so is there something I can do to prevent the mdf from screwing up? Would Thomson's water seal or fiberglass resin work?

Next, I dampened the metal skins of the doors with Seconskin Damplifier Pro, but should I also dampen the plastic door panel too? I have their rattle pad, so I can put that on there if that will be suffiicient, but again, I am concerned about water.

Finally, for those who have the stagefront kit, how far are your tweeter from the dash and where are they being aimed. I am having trouble getting mine to sound right. There seems to be left side bias. Right now, they are about 2 - 3 inches above the dash, pointed up and across slightly towards the center of the of the windshield.

Thanks for any help! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

if your concerned about the mdf getting wet then i wouldn't put the speakers in. i would be more concerned with them getting wet. how are theygonna get wet in the door? if they are going to be getting wet in the door, then look to mount them somewhere else. but water will kill the speakers faster than the wood.

hi. I would appreaciate any help you guys can give on installing my cdt euros in my doors.
I was told mount the mids onto something solid, like an mdf spacer ring, and not onto the plastic door panel. I made the rings and plan on mounting those to the metal of the door, but I am concerned about them getting wet. I know for a fact they will get wet, so is there something I can do to prevent the mdf from screwing up? Would Thomson's water seal or fiberglass resin work?

Next, I dampened the metal skins of the doors with Seconskin Damplifier Pro, but should I also dampen the plastic door panel too? I have their rattle pad, so I can put that on there if that will be suffiicient, but again, I am concerned about water.

Finally, for those who have the stagefront kit, how far are your tweeter from the dash and where are they being aimed. I am having trouble getting mine to sound right. There seems to be left side bias. Right now, they are about 2 - 3 inches above the dash, pointed up and across slightly towards the center of the of the windshield.

Thanks for any help! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Water seal for wood should work. I use rubber undercoating for mine since that's what I had. It's funny that you worry about the MDF and not the CDT //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif . In that case, you can get one of those XTC foam baffles. Or cut a plastic bowl in half and put it on the back side of the speaker.

Some people put mats on the door panel but I think that's a waste. Carpet paddings from lowes or home depot is very cheap and work wonderfully well. If the panel still rattles put more layer in the problematic areas.

Hope that helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.