CDT HD61 vs Morel Maximo 6 vs. Massive Audio CK6V stage 5 - Best Components <$200

According to these sites the only change in the HD61-61A set is the crossover, and the 61A's can only handle 10watts more. 5watts a side is nothing lol

CDT AUDIO FRONT AND REAR COM626 PACKAGE

CDT Audio HD-61 True 6.5" 2-Way Component System | Easy Way Electronics, Inc.

Both have the HD-100 tweets, but i personally went with the HD61s becuase i love the fact the crossover is pre wired and tiny. Super easy to tuck away

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

According to these sites the only change in the HD61-61A set is the crossover, and the 61A's can only handle 10watts more. 5watts a side is nothing lol

CDT AUDIO FRONT AND REAR COM626 PACKAGE

CDT Audio HD-61 True 6.5" 2-Way Component System | Easy Way Electronics, Inc.

Both have the HD-100 tweets, but i personally went with the HD61s becuase i love the fact the crossover is pre wired and tiny. Super easy to tuck away

I know a couple guys with the Maximos and they swear they are some of the best comps ever. I'm still not convinced....especially for what they cost now...that I'd purchase a set. They got them for like $81 shipped new when they went on a crazy random sale. That also lets u know how cheap they could be selling these comps for too, though... Also, what you've gotta take into account when reading Morel reviews online is that the Morel name is so big in the SQ world that ppl will nuthug it just because its Morel; when they actually could've gotten something better for the same price or cheaper. Too, like any set, its best to have someone who has had better speakers to review them. To someone who's used to factory systems, anything will have "amazing SQ".

I've read good and bad about CDT, but, as of lately, I've read nothing but good, even from respectable sources; so, they must be doing something right...I've never really compared their prices to other comp sets so I can't speak on the value of them. But, I can say that if it were me, between the Maximos and CDTs, I'd probably go CDT.

I'd still be more partial to the Massive CKs (and of course Bostons) over both though. Just my 2 cents and a half...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.