CDT CL62 or EF61CF

pwr2max
10+ year member

I know its all based on one's own preferences, but in your opinion, which one do you prefer? Basically the EF61CF has the carbon fiber cone and .75 in tweeter and the CL62 has the carbonized paper cone and the 1 in tweeter. They both have the same crossovers. If i get either one, they will be getting about 150 watts rms for each side. FYI, i listen to mostly rap and techno and sometimes fast-paced rock. Thanks in advance.

i'm in the same jam as you. i was thinking about getting the CF and upgrading the tweet to 1". let us know what you decide. I'm probably just gonna go with the cl-62, as long as it's better than the cl-61

i'm in the same jam as you. i was thinking about getting the CF and upgrading the tweet to 1". let us know what you decide. I'm probably just gonna go with the cl-62, as long as it's better than the cl-61

I just got a pair of CL-62 on Friday. If you can wait a week, I'll let you know what I think. The mid drivers are feakin big that they won't fit into my door (89 civic). But, I've got some ideas to make them fit.

supa_c reccomended the EF61CF with tw25/lp which is the seperate 1in tweeters with attentuators. The dealer that im talking with right now is selling the EF61cf with tw25/lp for 200. So for 50 bucks more i think this is a better deal that is also better than the cl 62's. lol the carbonized paper cone is kinda making me hesitant on the 62's.

supa_c reccomended the EF61CF with tw25/lp which is the seperate 1in tweeters with attentuators. The dealer that im talking with right now is selling the EF61cf with tw25/lp for 200. So for 50 bucks more i think this is a better deal that is also better than the cl 62's. lol the carbonized paper cone is kinda making me hesitant on the 62's.

I would imagine as you move up with in the CDT line, you are getting a better speaker overall. I don't know how much of an issue the carbonized paper cone should be. So far, I haven't read any posts with people having problems with this. My concern was over tweeter type for sound quality. For advice and information, I read various forums as well as contacted CDT and djdilliodon, whom I can highly recommend.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.