CDT CL61 Comp vs CDT HD61 Comp - Big Difference in Performance?

Participant count
  • Participant list

singleton
10+ year member

Bath, NC
I am definitely not an audiophile but is there a big big difference in the CDT CL61 vs. CDT HD61? Is it matter if it is being paired with an aftermarket subwoofer or not? About $100 difference is means alot considering that I need to use some money to sound deaden my doors as well.

Looking or SQ and listen to classic rock and 90's alternative rock.

The big difference I think you would notice in a direct comparison listening to each set is stronger performance from the mid in the HD61 set. The tweeters aren't very different. You definitely want a subwoofer with either set as there will be a lot missing from the rhythm section of rock bands without one. The price difference is worth it for the better mids.

Thanks for the reply - instead of purchasing a subwoofer right now, could I instead run this type of setup:

Front Components: CDT HD61

Component Amp: Aura RPM2150 RPM Stage 2 Mobile Amplifier 2x75W

Subwoofer Amp (bridged and hooked up to factory 8" subwoofer for now): Aura RPM2150 RPM Stage 2 Mobile Amplifier 2x75W

Hope to get a 10" subwoofer sealed in the future

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.