CDA-9835 MP3 load times....WTF

Also, what is the advantage of using mp3's? Can you just fit more songs on a cd? thanks
- James
yes, it is burnt as a data CD as opposed to audio. Therefor you can fit 700Mb if mp3's instead of only 80minutes of audio. It's usually anywhere from 100-150 songs depending on kbps/quality. peace

NG

Well finally I figured it out tthe problem after talking to my installer. the problem is not in the unit but the way you burn the MP3. You have to burn them a little slow, around 8x-12x.

This is true because I didn't start having problems until I got a new burner and started burning at 52x.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

Bingo dood //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Your burner must have been a $30 special off the wall brand..? My yamaha f1 burnes at 48x and my alpines read them flawless, I do not even notice a load time between songs!

Get the latest edition of nero, thats what I use to burn all my mp3 cd's for my cda-9807 alpine deck. Everything works great...
Do you guys know of a deck, preferably alpine, that can play mp3-dvds??????

one you are sure about??

I'm using easy cd creator 7.

First off thats for the responses but please don't if you don't have the 9835. I'm only referring to 9835, I've owned several other models lastone being the 7897 and kow that the problem does not exist in any other unit but the 9835. I just got done tuning my buddies 9835 in his maxima and his does the same thing.

After talking to my installer he stated to try ripping the mp3 slower which I did and still the unit acts up.

I'm going to try not filling the disc complete up to the limit and see if that helps. If not time to call up Alpine and *****....

I don't know what the problem with the program could be, it maybe possible its jsut the disc itself, have you tried other brands of disc? Perhaps use CD-R or RW, which ever you are currently using, and trying switching them around.
Who knows -.-

Yes I have tried several brands and the only one that was decent was Sony, but they burned slow as hell 4x max.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.