CDA-9835 MP3 load times....WTF

60_cent
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
atlanta, GA
I've owned my 9835 since they first started stocking them. I didn't start burning MP3 until recently. The problem is that the player seems to not like some brands of discs. Some brands will load pretty quickly while others will have an error code or not work at all. What is weird is that I can take that same disc an try it in my buddies cda-7897 it works fine and loads pretty quickly.

Overall it seems that the the 9835 loads times plain *****. Other then that the CDA-9835 is one of the best on the market and I love it.

yea the load time ****. my 9835 also seems to not read some disc names but when the same cd is loaded into my other HU (kenwood kdc-x769) it reads it fine and loads up really quick.

my 9830 ***** too. it's the new alpines that are real slow. my friend has a 03 model and it's relatively fast but not as fast as my old pos kenwood. oh well, i guess it's a tradeoff. kinda makes me wanna get a new h/u in a couple years though cuz i was planning on keeping it till it died

yea the load time ****. my 9835 also seems to not read some disc names but when the same cd is loaded into my other HU (kenwood kdc-x769) it reads it fine and loads up really quick.
this is exactly what mine does, but when I put the same cd in the cda-7897 ( 02 phantom face model ) it works fine.

I just don't get it.

Alpines Mp3 loading time are the fastest out of any head unit out. I have yet to have an error on mine and ive had 5 alpines. Mabye you guys need to read the manual for your Alpines, or Nero on how to burn Mp3s correctly.

Alpines Mp3 loading time are the fastest out of any head unit out. I have yet to have an error on mine and ive had 5 alpines. Mabye you guys need to read the manual for your Alpines, or Nero on how to burn Mp3s correctly.
My Pioneer 860 loads much faster than my friend's 7897. Same CD too. It is about half a second on mine and 1.5 seconds on Alpine IIRC.

Mine is quick enough for me big time, the only Thing I dont like for some reason it will never read the names of the discs I put in, I odnt know if thats a feature on there or not, but it just wont do it, any ideas?

The difference between them all are like not even 2 seconds from the fastest loading to the slowest. So you might look at a top of 5 seconds, whoopty-doo....

Can the cda-7875 load mp3's? I have one, but I haven't tried to play mp3's yet. I have read some places that it can and other places say it can't. Does anybody else have this HU? Also, what is the advantage of using mp3's? Can you just fit more songs on a cd? thanks

- James

The difference between them all are like not even 2 seconds from the fastest loading to the slowest. So you might look at a top of 5 seconds, whoopty-doo....
Umm...i have the same problem, i mean my alpin 7894 loaded mp3 CD's faster than my 9835 does. It takes forever, then sometimes it says error...i'll eject and re-insert 2-3 times b4 it actually decides to read it sometimes. Kind of pisses me off, but i deal with it...

NG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.