CCA vs pure oxygen free copper

Timbo74

CarAudio.com Regular
I am trying to finish my system, my main power, which I thought was 4guage, is actually 6guage. I am adding another amp, and need to run 4guage. This system with both amps will be running 900w rms.
Do I really need to spend the money for pure copper? Or will the cheaper CCA power be sufficient?
I mean I can get an 0 gauge CCA amp kit for $30.

It is all about budget. Yet there is a reason it costs more. Look up the the resistivity of copper and aluminum. If you are not into gaining every last millivolt you will probably be fine. But aluminum unless it is treated will oxidize faster too. Things to consider. Personally if I could afford silver tinned ofc every time I would buy that for everything just for peace of mind.

I’m thinking about it the same way, I too would buy nothing but copper, but my budget is not much...I have kids.
I’ve never dealt with CCA before, but obviously pure copper is superior in every way.
I just don’t know if my low wattage system justifies the extra costs. I’m not running 5000w, or anything ridiculous, so I don’t know if the extra is even worth it.
I’m really just trying to talk myself out of the oxygen free silver tinned copper lol

I always make sure my main wire is ofc and then from there I'll do CCA for short runs I've seen guys on YouTube who made the switch and gained like .1 .3 db not much at all but if you can afford it just do all ofc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.