CB Radios

Participant count
  • Participant list
the 29 and 25 have the same board and finals,the 29 just has a delta tune which does nothing and a swr feature which in most cases the swr feature is not even accurate.

A Cobra 25LTD/Wilson 1000, no amp-what am I looking at in terms of miles. Once an amp is added..how much more will I be pushing?
without a amp prolly around a good 10 miles(tuned),and the amp issue is all about how many watts you want,its just like car stereo the more the better.

I have no idea what I'd need when dealing with these. Am I looking at a simple couple watt amp? Is it possible, and reasonable, to achieve 20 or so miles using an amp with the 25LTD/W1000?

Something I just thought of, are there any radios out there with an attention feature? For example, a friend attempts to contact me while I got the (edit: even the alphasoniks, lol) haaaammering, will there be a little bleeping light trying to grab my attention?

without a amp prolly around a good 10 miles(tuned),and the amp issue is all about how many watts you want,its just like car stereo the more the better.
But just like car audio where you wouldn't want to try and drive a Pyramid sub off of an Orion 2500D and expect good results you can buy too much amplifier (CB) for your particular antenna and fry it the first time you key the microphone!

No, you're not looking at a simple "couple of watt" amp as the CB itself should output more than a couple of watts.

They range anywhere from 50 watts to several thousand. It's entirely dependant on how much $$$ you want to spend (much like every other hobby in existence)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.