Carputer 101

Hey Guys,

all i wanted to say was that this thread is amazing !!!!!

I had just thought about hook up my computer to my system so i just stared looking into it and doing my research and this thread has been extremely helpful!!!!

iv read threw page 11 and i will def read the rest

thanx again for posting all this

I really should revise this thread, I think I could have clear some stuff up a bit better. If you have any specific questions let me know, maybe I can explain it better or someone else can too.

I really should revise this thread, I think I could have clear some stuff up a bit better. If you have any specific questions let me know, maybe I can explain it better or someone else can too.
okay i got one for you

i think instead of putin a comp in my car....i would buy and archos 405 or 505 and run it threw a 7in touch screen in my dash.....

not a headunit....just a touch screen....

my question is will the exact same screen on the archos come up on my dash screen

AND would i be able to control it via that?

If im using a HU with a carpc, wouldnt I just need a phono plug to phono plug?

Rather than a phono plug to RCA since my AUX input on my HU accepts a phono plug and the audio output from a pc is also phono plug.

just an update on my system... my screen died and a replacement was at least $200 ... i bought an avic-f700bt navi system instead for $320 and am selling all my old stuff. It ***** that this unit is not nearly as good as what I had, but I don't have time to tinker with my system anymore and it just wasn't economical.

Regarding the apple mini mac that was mentioned earlier.

Would it be possible to somehow load google maps onto the Hard drive and then use that for navigation?

And then just use iTunes for music?

I'm just a mac lover...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...