Carputer 101

That deck will not work with the carputer, there is no aux input, and i dont think that usb is meant for hooking up a computer, its meant for just hooking up a slaved storage drive.
durability is fine, as long as you mount everything!(so all the shock isnt hitting it hard)

I am looking at your list, seems like you will be needing a really beefy power supply now since you are now demanding power.

http://store.mp3car.com/OPUS_320W_Intelligent_DC_DC_PSU_p/pwr-024.htm
I just realized that the OPUS DCX6.250 is designed specifically for AT, ATX, uATX, FlexATX, and Mini ITX motherboards. does this mean I can not use it with this

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3908498&sku=O261-8098%20A ?

I'm still contemplating what I should do as fars sercuring my carputer parts.

My first idea was to buy a mid tower or small tower and place a few pieces of memory foam under the tower and or stack up sevral pieces of that dynapad or any type of extra dampening materialss to kill the vibrations and bolt the tower to the floor.beind the dash boars. My second Idea was to buil extra brackets behind the dash board and secure the computer parts to the extra brackets and tie the extra prakets to the cars o.m.e brackets Anyone has a suggestions? .

This question is for the carputer veterans. I was wondering does it matter what kind of sound card you use since everything is going threw you HU? I want to have more control over my sound. I realy belive carputers are going to be a car audio standard like amps and HU's. people want convience. Anyway I want to buy this sound card. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3556693&sku=A455-2618 I think this will be an awesome additon to my carputer. To maximize this cards potential should I 86 the HU and run my amps and such straight to the sound card? or run my amps to my clarion EQ then run the EQ to the sound card? or should I run the sound card to the EQ and run the EQ to the HU then run the HU to my amps? I hope you all understand my giberish. If I had some kind of a diagram to illustrate things so it would make this simple to understand. All I want to do is utilize the 7.1 surround sound outputs. can somone help me? "Thanks for any help on this matter".

This is my thing on signal output. VOLTAGE!!! I dont think the PCs put out nearly as much as a nice HU. So, with that being said, in my truck I am no longer running a HU, I am running the PC straight to a 1/2 DIN Eq. and it also has a line driver, basically. So it should be very nice once done. Again, this is just my own opinion. My amps LOVE 5 to 8v line input.

This is my thing on signal output. VOLTAGE!!! I dont think the PCs put out nearly as much as a nice HU. So, with that being said, in my truck I am no longer running a HU, I am running the PC straight to a 1/2 DIN Eq. and it also has a line driver, basically. So it should be very nice once done. Again, this is just my own opinion. My amps LOVE 5 to 8v line input.

That makes perfect sense. I was wondering myself how what kinda voltage a nice sound card could put out.

I'm asking around to see if I can get a computer person to answer that question about the voltage. That line converter is a brilliant idea. I would of thought of that next year. lol! How much control do you have over ypur music as far as sound shaping? I knpw you have your Carputer ran through your EQ how is your sound? What type of after market equipment are you using(amps subs, comps and etc)?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...