Carpeted VS. Non-Carpeted enclosure.

I was recently at my local hardware store to return a sheet of particle board and buy the correct MDF that I came for yesterday and also to buy some jigsaw blades + wood screws and one of the employees there told me that instead of painting my enclosure, I should instead carpet it because it muffles the sounds better, or something along those lines?

So my question is does carpeting a subwoofer box make a big difference in SQ/SQL?

I was originally planning on painting my box glossy white, but if I will be getting better results from carpeting it, I will most likely do that.

Thanks

Thanks guys, looks like I'm sticking with the glossy white finish //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Was also think about putting a big ol' Alpine logo on the top, what's the best way to do it and make it look clean? Idk where I would find a Alpine stencil.

Just what he said haha, and I think he meant to reduce rattling and have a cleaner sound.. but IDK
I believe you. You should have been like BISH I DONT WANNA MUFFLE MY SHIET I WANT IT LOUD AS FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUq

Thanks guys, looks like I'm sticking with the glossy white finish //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Was also think about putting a big ol' Alpine logo on the top, what's the best way to do it and make it look clean? Idk where I would find a Alpine stencil.
Get an Alpine sticker and trace it. Users on here can make stickers and have the popular brands in stock, look at the vendor section! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The only way it's going to "muffle" anything is if the box isn't sealed up and the carpet helps to kill any air leaks. You will be fine OP, just pick up some liquid nails or something to seal up the corners of the box

Already got the Liquid Nails/wood screws/caulk/MDF/jigsaw blades. Just have to wait for Jason to finish up the design for the box... I'm in no hurry though since my amp doesn't come in the mail until Friday. Just looking forward to hearing the difference between custom made vs. prefab.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.