Cargo weight? Too much?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Currently, I have roughly 420lbs in the trunk. Basically, the entire system is in the trunk.

These are guestimations...

160lbs with two batteries

150lbs with the Sub/Box/False floor

40lbs of wire

40lbs of amps

30lbs of misc.

I am wanting to add two Northstar SMS 220's

On GP's site, they are about 80lbs each.

With two more batteries, wire, and terminals I'd be looking to add 180lbs in the trunk.

I'd be roughly at 600lbs just in the trunk.

It currently has the slightest bit of sag, maybe .5 to 1 inch lower than the front.

I don't want to add these batteries and then my rear tires are rubbing.

I'd go lithium but I'm very limited on space and those 220s would fit just right.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Better/stiffer suspension.

I think @Hertz Mafia upgraded his...[/QUOTE]

No I have a z71 with toe package.. it’s stock suspension, now it sits 2” lower and I matched the front end so it sits level.

My buddy that use to own the Hhr had tons of weight and ended up with new springs rated for more weight

Suspension will not fix that you have a ton of weight all in the trunk. Been there done that with bags in the rear to help. Dropping all that battery weight and going lithium is your best bet. The new Limitless 15ah and 25ah batteries are TINY and stupid light. No way you wouldn't be able to fit them. A ton of my buddies run north stars. They are very big and heavy. Just skinny.

Coil spring specialties can build you new coil springs for around $400.

Suspension will not fix that you have a ton of weight all in the trunk. Been there done that with bags in the rear to help. Dropping all that battery weight and going lithium is your best bet. The new Limitless 15ah and 25ah batteries are TINY and stupid light. No way you wouldn't be able to fit them. A ton of my buddies run north stars. They are very big and heavy. Just skinny.

Coil spring specialties can build you new coil springs for around $400.
Skinny is what I need.

The only lithium I'll purchase is JY.

____

I just saw you can change the configuration of the JY's batteries.

Going with their 45ah.

Thread Close-

Just did a quick search with their site, they don't make them for my car :/
If they did I'd be at some serious dilemma...
its almost a one size fits all sort of thing to be honest lol. Installation is the same for every car, Jack the car up, shove the air bag in the suspension coil, run an air hose then pump up the bag.

its almost a one size fits all sort of thing to be honest lol. Installation is the same for every car, Jack the car up, shove the air bag in the suspension coil, run an air hose then pump up the bag.
Well if thats the case then idk what to do...

The reason I want to add the two extra batteries is so I can add another ct 4k.

Lithium would probably be the best option but that $1200 price tag whoooo boyyy what am I doing spending this money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

View attachment 26556791
Who told you car audio was cheap?

Limitless 25ah are only $650 now and under 15 pounds. 5" tall, 7" deep, and 9" wide. Good for 5000 watts rms.

They also are releasing a 15ah for $450. 5" tall, 4" deep, and 9" wide.
IS....lithium part of car audio now?! it wasn't before because it wasn't around..just sayin'.

Btw...who's idea was it to load up a wal mart table of heavy *** batteries lol...look at that crack in the middle of the table!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.