carberated to fuel injected.....

937DYTBOI
5,000+ posts

TL>you
Dayton,Ohio
Hey im going to start my new project on my 64 Buick Riviera. I already have a chevy 350 and i believe its a 350 tranny. I planned on converting the engine to fuel injection. I saw the ram jet 350 engine and want to set my engine like it. I dont want to buy a whole new crate engine but just work off what i have. Someone said they sale the ram jet kit to convert an engine over, but i cant find the kit, let me know if you know where i can get that from.

Next i want to soup up the engine, thinking about a bigger cam, geared timing chain, performance chip and a straight exhaust. I really want this thing to yell and get tight. Is there anything that i can possibly else to get this thing tourquey and get it yelling up the block. I want it to run hard but not kill my pockets.

I plan on taking out the engine this week and start tearing it apart and hopefully start installing it in my Riv. I also plan on putting the car on bags to thats something not really popular in my area. Also some HID's so i can see the road better, also with a digital dash, and i cant forget about a nice crisp sounding stereo system

If anymore ideas on what i should do just let me know

from the sounds of your plans with the project it doesnt seem like your pockets are very shallow, but, as far as cost effectiveness and definite results, have you considered nitrous? obviously need to know more about the motor to really suggest it but just an idea

i might jus have to drive up to jegs its about 1hr away from my house, but i found the edelbrock setup a little cheaper im going to work some numbers and a few things and see what i come up wit.

What is everybody doing now as far as customizing nowadays such as airbags, gills, neons, or etc. whats new on the market thats on the rise for customiztion?

yea i checked out that edelbrock setup and i found it for a cheaper price than everyone else is asking for. Yea i like the carb but i want a more controlled system with more of an ease of mind.

i would buy an efi kit. make sure you get the whole wiring harness and all the electrical needs because wiring a car for efi is a *****.

Yea i know and it looks like the edelbrock setup comes with everything i need and looks pretty simple and easy to work with hopefully everything is color coded

as of right now i dont know, the engine is coming out of my dads truck. Isnt there a way to check the compression. Right now of what i plan on doing is already at like 3 grand. I biigger cam, geared timing chain, MSD ignition, hot plugs and wires, and a edelbrock efi setup. but suggestions will be taken i can give and take on what to do. Im not for sure on a budget i dont really want to spend more than 3 grand on the engine but like i said i can give and take on the things i planned on doing ideas are what im looking for.

Bump it UP to 8.5:1??????

That's WAY low for a NA car, and depending on the year of the 350, it could've been designed to run on leaded gas, which had octane ratings closer to 100 than our 87-93... Most of which probably ran close to 12.5-13:1 compression.

What's your main objective by switching to fuel injection? Sounds to me like all of the modifications you're doing are all naturally aspirated, and would benefit from the fueling tweakability of a good carb setup, not to mention there's so many edelbrock carb manifolds for oldschool 350's that add a good deal of horsepower by themselves, and you'd be able to find one that makes peak power in the same powerband as the cam you go with.

What kind of power are you going for? You building a torque-beast, or a high-end horsepower track car?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

937DYTBOI

5,000+ posts
TL>you
937DYTBOI
Dayton,Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date