carberated to fuel injected.....

im looking for some serious torque and the horsepower to back it. Im thinking of range from 375-420 horses would be good for me. i thought about stroking the 350. Fuel injected jus seems a bit easier to work wit, easier starts but ive seen some carberated start right up, i jus havent had my luck with them. Plus wit the fuel injected i can hook up the remote start my dad says its a way to start it wit a carberator but thats in the air. It jus seems to have better cold starts with the fuel injected than carberated.

Awesome, just makin' sure you looked at everything first.

Those edelbrock kits look pretty plug-n-play for the $$. I've seen the multi-port kit on ebay before for ~$600 new, probably just people never finishing their projects.

If you want a good mix of torque/hp i'd suggest a ~270 degree cam kit, any bigger than that and the lowend really takes a hit. With the 270's, you'll still lose a little torue, but has the added benefit of better connection to the pavement from a stop, and from 3000rpms (where a 262/270 comes into it's torque peak) it'll keep bulding torque till redline, so your power increases exponentially as you accelerate, if you know what i mean? The higher you rev, not only do you obviously accelerate, but you accelerate FASTER and FASTER, it's like being blasted through a wormhole in a sci-fi movie or something.

You can go with something bigger, but your torque curve will start feeling really laggy and unnatural, and unless you've got super super short gears, you wont be able to keep it in the power curve, it's pretty easy to keep an engine between 3 and 3.5 grand between shifts, so you stay in the hot-zone.

Just make sure the f/i kit you get is either mappable, so you don't run lean in the highend with the cam, or run a little closer to a 14:1 a/f

Good luck! Those 350's are mean little *****es!

Bump it UP to 8.5:1??????
That's WAY low for a NA car, and depending on the year of the 350, it could've been designed to run on leaded gas, which had octane ratings closer to 100 than our 87-93... Most of which probably ran close to 12.5-13:1 compression.

What's your main objective by switching to fuel injection? Sounds to me like all of the modifications you're doing are all naturally aspirated, and would benefit from the fueling tweakability of a good carb setup, not to mention there's so many edelbrock carb manifolds for oldschool 350's that add a good deal of horsepower by themselves, and you'd be able to find one that makes peak power in the same powerband as the cam you go with.

What kind of power are you going for? You building a torque-beast, or a high-end horsepower track car?
I think what he was trying to say is if you run nitrous, it is better to have a lower compression. You would not want to run a setup on 12.5.

get a good bottom end, maybe even a nice forged stroker crank.

go w/ a carbed setup, running bout 11.5:1 comp. Get a 15-200shot plate system w/ a nice rpm single plane manifold. Good cam w/ around 230-240 intake degress @ .050

that **** will ****in FLY

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

937DYTBOI

5,000+ posts
TL>you
937DYTBOI
Dayton,Ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date