Car stereo balance shifting problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

FreedSoul

Hello all.

This is my first post and new to the forum. I have this stereo problem where occasionally maybe twice a day on my hourly commute to work the audio shifts to the front left speaker. There's still audio coming from the other speakers, but they are quiet. The audio from the front left speaker is louder than everything else, but at a bearable level. I installed the setup summer 2014 and have had no problems with anything until the recent winter.

I drive in a 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5SL WITH the Bose system. I own a 2014 Pioneer MVHX370BT with a Scosche CNN03 Wiring Interface. Also bought a Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter.

The wiring interface and adapter sit on top of the stereo by a piece of velcro.

So far I've removed the dash and wiggled any wires to check for loose connections. That seems fine.

I've kept the dash removed to note anything in particular when the problem arises. From doing so, I've noted several things as to when it occurs:

1) It happens when the cover is on AND I have turned on the heat.

2) The area where these adapters and wiring interface are located are noticeably warmer.

The problem does not come back when the dash is off and I've left the car for several hours. (Yea yea I could just leave the cover off and that would solve all my problems:rolleyes:)

There are no problems with the steering wheel control adapter.

My cousin informs me that it could be the heat messing with the super conductors in the Scosche piece. I theoretically could move this onto the side of the stereo (though making it slightly difficult for my hands to install it there). But I want to get more information as to what the problem would be. Tried to provide as much information as possible/

Hello all. This is my first post and new to the forum. I have this stereo problem where occasionally maybe twice a day on my hourly commute to work the audio shifts to the front left speaker. There's still audio coming from the other speakers, but they are quiet. The audio from the front left speaker is louder than everything else, but at a bearable level. I installed the setup summer 2014 and have had no problems with anything until the recent winter.

I drive in a 2002 Nissan Altima 2.5SL WITH the Bose system. I own a 2014 Pioneer MVHX370BT with a Scosche CNN03 Wiring Interface. Also bought a Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter.

The wiring interface and adapter sit on top of the stereo by a piece of velcro.

So far I've removed the dash and wiggled any wires to check for loose connections. That seems fine.

I've kept the dash removed to note anything in particular when the problem arises. From doing so, I've noted several things as to when it occurs:

1) It happens when the cover is on AND I have turned on the heat.

2) The area where these adapters and wiring interface are located are noticeably warmer.

The problem does not come back when the dash is off and I've left the car for several hours. (Yea yea I could just leave the cover off and that would solve all my problems:rolleyes:)

There are no problems with the steering wheel control adapter.

My cousin informs me that it could be the heat messing with the super conductors in the Scosche piece. I theoretically could move this onto the side of the stereo (though making it slightly difficult for my hands to install it there). But I want to get more information as to what the problem would be. Tried to provide as much information as possible/
move it.

if it works with the cover off, them move it.

then you will know if thats it.

Just to give an update. Moved the piece to the side of the stereo and attached with a piece of velcro. Problem went away for anyone else having the same problem. Thanks big scott!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.