Car Speaker static

Participant count
  • Participant list

JakeHigg78

I just installed 2 pioneer 5-way 6x9 speakers with a power acoustic GT2-900 that gives them 135 watts @ 4 ohms. The speakers are 100 rms and 600 max so they should be fine. I installed everything and when I turned my car on, there was a constant static that increased when I pressed the gas as well as turned the AC on. I changed the ground to the same as my subwoofers to try and fix the problem but the speakers were still staticky and my subs were hitting fine. It is still staticky with the gain all the way down and no music playing. If anyone could help me that would be great. Amp and speakers are all brand new.

You're saying there is the same static even when volume is at zero? If so, this is a definite ground issue. Don't have the amps share the same ground, keep it separate. Try replacing the ground wire for the GT2-900. Which head unit do you have?

What a coincidence, was just talking to my install guy about this today. Apparently Pioneers have some weird fuse that has something to do with the ground. I didn't totally catch that because my problem is different, but take it to a shop and have them look at it. If you want to do it yourself, call or email Pioneer and they'll be able to offer better than my half *** explanation //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Pico fuse is an internal fuse that protects the audio portion of a hu. If you at anytime plug or unplug the rca's or speaker wires while the hu is on, the fuse will blow. If you know how to solder well, you can replace it easily and you can get them at Radio Shack. You'll need to open the unit and test the existing one to make sure that's what it is. Sounds like it's the rear one.

Pico fuse is an internal fuse that protects the audio portion of a hu. If you at anytime plug or unplug the rca's or speaker wires while the hu is on, the fuse will blow. If you know how to solder well, you can replace it easily and you can get them at Radio Shack. You'll need to open the unit and test the existing one to make sure that's what it is. Sounds like it's the rear one.
Yes! It's the RCA ground sounds like. He also mentioned that you hear various other noises like blinkers and even noise when braking.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.