Car pop???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chistyle
10+ year member

I had an install done this weekend and ever since then my car makes a noise that sounds like someone is taking a picture. I have no idea what this is and it did not do this prior to the install. I called a shop and he said that it is called "car pop". he said that it is a bad install and that there is a problem with the wiring some where. THe install never had a fuse and the battery terminal which i am going to install now but i want to see what this could be also. This is what happens when you have a friend do your stuff for you .

I would say the say thing but he is a certified tech at install he just was doing the ghetto rig version cause it was not a customer. Do you know what this car pop is?

I know. I will just do it myself next time. I just figured since i aint done an install in like 6 years that he would do it faster and easier then if i did it. Anyways enough about him .. anyone know what the problem could be???

When exactly does the noise manifest? Is it when you turn certain audio gear on/off or what? A bit more info into what exactly is going on would be helpful. From the description you've given for all we know you might have a ball joint or a tie-rod end popping when you cut the steering wheel all the way to lock in one direction or another.

Not trying to be snippy but the info you've given thus far is a bit vague.

When I stick the key in the ignition and turn it to anything it makes a noise that sounds like a camera. like when you take a picture. It does this when you turn the car off also. I did not have this problem till the install. the guy at shop i called said it is a bad install that it sounds like something with the remove wire. I disconnected the power wire from the amp and still heard it. Should i take out the deck and look at the wire?

What exactly did you have your buddy install for you? It sounds like a bad HU ground as Chevy has suggested. My other thought was possibly an amp whose remote turn-on had been wired into a cicuit that goes active when the key is on but if that was it taking power away from the amp should have eliminated it.

I would say the say thing but he is a certified tech at install he just was doing the ghetto rig version cause it was not a customer. Do you know what this car pop is?

He's the same guy who didn't put a fuse at the battery terminal?

...so he only puts your vehicle at risk of fire if you're a friend. Got it.

I disconnect the ground for the amps, i disconnected the harnest all together for the deck and took the power wire off the battery...still having the same problem. I can not think of what else is causing this. I took off the harnest that includes the remote and the ground..elimates that theory..i discnt the power from the battery that elimates the amps and by disconnecting the ground from the amp ...the whole thing is completely disconnected. If this helps it sound like the problem is coming from the passenger side under the hood. I listened in the car at the feet and it sounded like it was coming from outside the car under the hood somewhere. any ideas?????

It's still making the noise when you rotate the key in the ignition cylinder even with the battery disconnected???

If the sound is under the hood sounds like a HD relay slamming shut, possibly.

Did your friend put a relay in to activate anything? Is there anything that's not working? (lights, A/C, any other accessories)

Still having the problem when the install is discntd.. the car dont start when the battery is discntd. No relays were used. everything so far works just fine. I called nissan and they said that it could be the fuel pump, but the pump is in the back seat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.