Car died while driving, steering locked up - audio related?

Thanks guys. I am pretty confident the steering locked as I remember the click noise it makes once it's locked. Key was still in the ignition. I think the only thing I can do is pay the dealer the $120 and if it happens again demand a refund? I just don't see how the two could be related, but next time I'll make sure and take the amp out before I send the car in.

man i thought i responded yesterday, and it said something about a moderator approving my post first, but that was almost 24 hours ago? at any rate, as far as i can remember, the steering wheel locked, not just lost power steering. but i could have been mistaken, a lot of stuff was going on at the moment and i was more concerned about my safety of getting the car stopped than really focusing on all of the precise issues.

i think at this point all i can do is get the car and pay the $120 they are charging me for the out of warranty work, and if it happens again demand a refund? i mean maybe they are right and it goes away, at which point that could be worth the $120. but then again i really don't think that's the problem (and neither do you guys), which means the problem likely returns. the only way it may not return is if they knew what the problem actually was, fixed it, and then blamed it on the amp in order to get some $$ out of it?

let me know if you guys have any better suggestions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.