Car broken in to - San Diego - HELP!!

I stopped because it hurt my family and my love of my life to see me in hand cuffs and shackles. It also hurt me to see my 12 and 6 year old brothers seeing me the way I was. So I promised my girl that I will never do it again or our relationship isn't worth keeping. And so I haven't touched anyone's car without permission for 2 months now and proud of it. And if your wondering I am on probation as of right now. But I go to court the 26th to maybe shorten it"crossing fingers". But what ever happens I deserve. And I am fully willing to pay all restitution for what I've done.

I'm honestly surprised at the number of car audio theives out there... particularly those who would frequent these boards.

They possibly don't know the harm they are doing... it has prevented me my entire life from competing... I regard my local competitions as the buffet table, from which car theives can attend and target their next entree. Sad, but true.

But then again, I prioritize security over all else. I'm currently driving around my Pathfinder essentially bone-stock... as I haven't had the opportunity to do my alarm install, particularly since MY alarm install will be time consuming! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

And that's ME... I'm a real enthusiast, a guy who is motivated and can't wait for good sound.

But also, besides the victim's discouragement and damage to the industry and competitions that these thieves cause...

...after all, most of us save and skrimp and labor and have so much blood sweat and tears into our efforts and purchases that our own wives (and girlfriends, for you younger guys) think it's disproportional, out of the ordinary... and then to have someone just skip away with it... is beyond disrespectful.

In fact, it's enough that many enthusiasts would justify a physical encounter, that could - due to the blood, sweat, tears, attachement, and commitment - literally turn into a deadly encounter.

Many enthusiasts who are clever have been known to booby-trap their interior and exteriors, in ways that could cause serious physical harm.

Sure, there's lots of stupid kids out there..

But the easy smash-and-grabs, what is the value of what you get, anyway? How does that compare to the value that this poor guy stocks in it?

And I'd be scared by the "minefield" theory...

Sure, lots of easy smash-and-grabs (or whatever your technique)...

But are you prepared for the guy who has set a trap?

Arrest isn't so bad, relatively speaking... (yikes)

if i see it at the Spring Valley or South Bay swap meets, i'm taking down license plates, and descriptions. that's a promise. i'll be out to both this Saturday-Sunday.

abe m.

im really sorry to hear about your encounter, like stated before look at people who know about your system and who knew you were out of town. they are most likely who took your stuff

Thats unfortunate people can stoop so low as to steal someone elses property. Im glad in my small town, noone even has the balls to steal a piece of candy, let along someones car stereo. Some of my friends in Colorado have lost their systems and their cars.

I definately know how it feels. I lost some things in Colorado as well.

Bill T.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.