Car broken in to - San Diego - HELP!!

supergrass
10+ year member

Hey Guys. I'm here in Detroit, on vacation, and just got a phone call from my apartment people, that my car was broken into last night.

I live in La Jolla (San Diego), so if you're in the SD area, PLEASE be on the lookout for this equipment!!!

Eclipse 8053 head unit.

Eclipse Balanced Line Adaptor

(2) JL Audio 6W0's, that were sitting on the floorboards, in front of the front two seats, in 0.2 cu ft sealed boxes. Grey carpet.

DEI 1100d old version.

DEI 500, 4 chan amp, old version.

A irreplaceable 0.5 cu ft box, with a Elemental Designs e8A subwoofer, with two custom flat cone passive radiators. This enclosure, and the passives are very special, and mean a lot to the owner!!!!

I will offer a reward to whoever can give me some information as to where the equipment is, or who is the culprit.

The thing that REALLY *****, is the fact that I'm 3000 miles away, and can't do anything about it. So, my car is sitting in my apartment parking lot, with a broken window, stereo completely gone, and I can't do anything about it, for another 2 weeks.

Whoever is in the San Diego area - please HELP!!!!!!

Thanks everyone.

-Stephen

stephen@tcsounds.com stephenponte@hotmail.com

hmmm maybe i should help myself to evrythin else in your car.thx for telling me your car is totally vulnerable for the next 2 weeks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

I do not live in San Diego, But I do live in the within 100 miles to your area. I own a bussiness that people would bring stuff like that to, so I will keep an eye out.

Sorry to hear it and I do hope you had insurance.

Good Luck

Teal

hmmm maybe i should help myself to evrythin else in your car.thx for telling me your car is totally vulnerable for the next 2 weeks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

Thanks so much. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

That's absolutely wonderful that you'd twist the knife a bit deeper, at this time.

Again, thanks a lot kiddo - you sure are mature.

I do not live in San Diego, But I do live in the within 100 miles to your area. I own a bussiness that people would bring stuff like that to, so I will keep an eye out. Sorry to hear it and I do hope you had insurance.

Good Luck

Teal

Thanks Teal. I really appreciate it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Insurance won't cover anything unfortunately - I needed to register the equip w/the insurance company, with recipts, and pictures.

Thanks again man.

-SDP

Wow, way to be a jackass.

im drunk, and i was just messin around. if i lived down there i would try to help u out. srry man.

I imagine there must be quite a few people in Stephen's area...

And that equipment isn't your run of the mill, typical "on the street" equipment. Popular on the forums, but relatively rare compared to the usual stuff you find at the flea market...

Anyone who has a line on this stuff, or who spots it anywhere... I'm sure Stephen would have a "no questions asked" policy if anyone at all could help arrange it's return...

obviously, some of this gear is less replacable to him than other stuff... let's do everything we can to at least get that back, you know?

I wish I could help, but I'm on the opposite corner of the country. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Come on, San Diego/La Jolla.. we're counting on you...

I hope everything is found and returned in mint condition, Stephen.

Everyone in the area, I truly hope you guys are looking out for the aforementioned equipment.

- Steve

man, to get ur stuff stolen in La jolla is low man. i know, i used to live in la jolla, i live close to it now cuz i still go to school in la jolla. which im guessin u do too, and it starts with U and ends with D =D

anyways, i will keep my eye, it *****, u think that la jolla is like the least most likely place to get ur stuff stolen, but i guess thiefs dont look at the city but just at the equipment in cars.

u should tlak to the management of ur apt complex, and be like ur security ***** n someone broke into my car blah blah blah.

good luck man

Stephen, I am sorry to hear that all of your possesions were stolen. I will try to locate someone I know that lives withing your area and see if they can find any information on your belongings. It is really sad that something so horrible could happen to such a nice guy. All of us are sorry to hear of your misfortune.

P.S.-Sorry Admin I know we are not supposed to have more than 2 sticky's but I felt that this is something that is definatly worthy to be "stuck".Sorry if I have angered any of the other mods,I did what I felt was proper.

P.S.-Sorry Admin I know we are not supposed to have more than 2 sticky's but I felt that this is something that is definatly worthy to be "stuck".Sorry if I have angered any of the other mods,I did what I felt was proper.
This is important in my eyes as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

- Steve

I would put money on it that it was someone in your apartment complex and they knew you were on vacation.
This is a very good assumption. It was probably someone who KNEW you were out on vacation and wouldnt be around for awhile. If the area is like some of you say, the place where you least likely expect to get something stolen.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.