Car Amp In Home Audio

CrazeFuol
10+ year member

Hey, does anyone know a way that I can wire my personal car amp inside my house. I have an extra Punch 500.2 that I am not using and I figured I could maybe use it in my house.

If anyone can tell me what wires I should use or if it can even be done at all, that will be great. Any information would be nice right now.

Thanks,

Mike

drjjg
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Buy a deep cycle SEALED(non-lead acid) batt(Odyssey dry cells are nice) and connect it to the amp. Have the batt hooked up to a charger. That's probably the easiest, cheapest way. I'd also recommend connecting a voltage gauge to it to monitor the voltage.

Put a toggle switch on the REM so you can turn it on and off with ease.

A power converter is another option, but they can be quite expensive.

helotaxi
5,000+ posts

Kilroy was Here
Don't use or charge a battery in your house. They vent toxic and explosive gases that you don't want to accumulate in your house. A power supply is really your only option, and for the price of a decent power supply, you could just buy a home receiver with a good bit of power and be done with it.

drjjg
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I edited the post a bit. You don't want to run a lead acid type batt. A sealed batt is what you're going to want to use in the house. And like a suggested, the Odyssey dry cells are very nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

OP
C

CrazeFuol
10+ year member

So I guess putting a car amp in my house is not worth all the expenses... but would it be louder if I got a good pair of 12s or 15s in a bandpass box ???

Anyone got a price on something good yet cheap that I could get a power supply and subs in a box... hehe I doubt it...

avistar23
10+ year member

www.SoundhertZ.com <---
i run my ca1200 in my house and sometimes my j 600.4 but i have a big Astron power supply. It's possible to do but to do it right you need money, i have alot of power supplies because im into ham radio and those radios can pull alot of current and run on 13.8 volts DC

bigwheel15
10+ year member

Ooh Yeah!!
So I guess putting a car amp in my house is not worth all the expenses... but would it be louder if I got a good pair of 12s or 15s in a bandpass box ??

Uhoh!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif he said bandpass, that is a bad thing to say on this forum. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.