caps

just let them buy a cap and then when you see a thread titled "just added a cap but i still have dimmage, please help" you can point and laugh at them.
Well if I have dimmage with the Big 3, the alternator, the battery, and the cap, then so be it. I can see now you get attacked here by the mere mention of a cap even though I'm doing all of the others. Grow up a little.

Well if I have dimmage with the Big 3, the alternator, the battery, and the cap, then so be it. I can see now you get attacked here by the mere mention of a cap even though I'm doing all of the others. Grow up a little.
You grow up. Learn to take helpful advice instead of being a dick and thinking you know all about what helps a struggling electrical system.

caps dont store enough current to help a spl vehicle too much (thats why alot went to a batt cap) i used to run caps but in all honesty i cant hear an audible difference that would warrant its installation. batteries give reserve power alts make power....a cap doesnt do either and it wont band aid too much of anything

You grow up. Learn to take helpful advice instead of being a dick and thinking you know all about what helps a struggling electrical system.
Dude, I'll be the first to admit that I am again a noob to car audio. I'm just going by what I read. Some forums like 'em and some don't. The only thing I see on this forum are direct attacks to anyone who mentions caps. I used to be big into car audio but that was back in 1987 when I was in high school. Probably when 3/4s of the people on this board was born. The **** back then was the Punch 75 and you where rich if you could have a Punch 100 and all the stuff most of you rave about nowadays was crap back then. I'm just trying to relearn, why the hell do you think I've been asking so many **** questions on this forum in the last couple of weeks.

I never said that I knew this for a fact I was merely commenting on what I've read elsewhere and immediately got attacked. I'm always open to helpful advice and there is always two sides to a story. Just because you say something doesn't mean I have to believe you. I can pull up a **** load of posts that say caps work and I can pull up a **** load of posts that say they are a waste of money. But since YOU said they are crap, I guess I won't buy one.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

If I waste money, big fuggin' deal. It's my money. I'm old enough now, have a job and can do it if I want to.

Dude, I'll be the first to admit that I am again a noob to car audio. I'm just going by what I read. Some forums like 'em and some don't. The only thing I see on this forum are direct attacks to anyone who mentions caps. I used to be big into car audio but that was back in 1987 when I was in high school. Probably when 3/4s of the people on this board was born. The **** back then was the Punch 75 and you where rich if you could have a Punch 100 and all the stuff most of you rave about nowadays was crap back then. I'm just trying to relearn, why the hell do you think I've been asking so many **** questions on this forum in the last couple of weeks.
I never said that I knew this for a fact I was merely commenting on what I've read elsewhere and immediately got attacked. I'm always open to helpful advice and there is always two sides to a story. Just because you say something doesn't mean I have to believe you. I can pull up a **** load of posts that say caps work and I can pull up a **** load of posts that say they are a waste of money. But since YOU said they are crap, I guess I won't buy one.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

If I waste money, big fuggin' deal. It's my money. I'm old enough now, have a job and can do it if I want to.

i never attacked you. i gave you advice and told you what caps are really intended for, you told me companies would not be able to sell them if they didn't help dimmage which is not there purpose and you remain stubborn so i don't care anymore. i thought i was helping by telling you what a cap is suppose to do and why they are useless but you seem helbent on buying one. if you get a good alt, big 3, and batteries there will be no dimmage.

OK, well, what I posted earlier was meant to say they do work, but they do not do what most people think they do. They will not help an already struggling electrical system, simply because of how they operate. They will not keep your voltage at 14.4V if you are running big power without ample recharging capabilities. Very simple, I thought I made it that way in my previous posts.
i can agree with what you said man, a cap wont save a system, it will only help one that is already adequate. alot of people try to make it seem like they dont do anything at all, which i believe is bull ish. and by the way, i think you are the only one that gave a decent reply to the thread like the cajun guy said, everyone else was just bashing caps without evidence of why they think caps are useless and people are idiots for using them.

Ok, so my electrical system will support it. Now, how will the cap help me?

Which name is that?

like i said earlier it will help your bass responce. a cap can discharge current quicker then the alt can supply it too the amp. on the heavy bass notes you may need a quick burst of current so the cap will help there, but then it needs to recharge. pretty much the cap can dispense current to the amp quicker for those big bass notes. the cap only supplies enough current for a second or so then needs a recharge. that's how they are intended to be used. the total misconception is that they help for weak electrical systems. taking current from an already weak electrical system, and only using it for 1 second at a time, does not help electrical system problems. it's actually more for sq then power help.

it's actually more for sq then power help.
...and this is what I am going for. I'm putting a 15 farad cap on a 1000 watt amp. I couldn't give two turds for spl. I don't really listen to the type of music for that anyway. I want hard tight bass for my application.

carbon fiber caps flat ****. if you "doit" at all get 3 .5 farad caps. in reality i dont see why people dont look up capacitance very much. lol they all wanna hear from people what is already considered law and trust it to be told on a forum.

...and this is what I am going for. I'm putting a 15 farad cap on a 1000 watt amp. I couldn't give two turds for spl. I don't really listen to the type of music for that anyway. I want hard tight bass for my application.

you don't need a 15 farad cap. a 1 farad cap will work. it just seemed to me you wanted to use them for a weak electrical system. imo you don't need one, but that was what they were intended for, and not to help dimmage.

Alright, maybe I just won't get one. At this point I'd just be happy to see a blown up version of the chick in iceteebone's sig pic. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.