caps

Ok, since you apperantly can't search, I will copy and paste for you what I wrote in a thread probably just 2days ago.

To answer your question on a more straight forward lvl, no, you do not NEED a capacitor. Chances are, it would not help as much as you think it would, and the upgrade of the big 3, a new battery and/or new, bigger alternator would be a lot better for you. Now, when you get an electrical system that is above par for your current electrical demands, then an external capacitor may be something to look into, simply because it would not be such a strain on your system. get me or do I need to go into the archives and pull up some threads as to why this is so?

That though, is for a car audio, or any other large current demanding, below par electrical system. Like mentioned, if you have an electrical that can easily put up with the strain of your system and all other necessarry components, then a Cap COULD be useful seeing as how it would not be such a daunting task to keep it charged.

ok now show me how a cap will help your car stereo system.

I want you to tell me your theory on why it doesnt help, people are always talkin about adding a second battery as long as u have a big enough alt. to recharge it, and if a capacitor is just like a battery, it stores energy and uses it when needed, why wouldnt it help? are u tellin me that when used correctly it wont give ur amp a constant voltage?

are you saying that to me? if so then wow i'll run right out and buy three or four since i MUST have them. call richard clark and explain to him why caps work

what i believe he is saying is that if you have an electrical system that can support adding a cap they can be usefull. most people believe that a cap is needed to help an inadequate electrical system.

I want you to tell me your theory on why it doesnt help, people are always talkin about adding a second battery as long as u have a big enough alt. to recharge it, and if a capacitor is just like a battery, it stores energy and uses it when needed, why wouldnt it help? are u tellin me that when used correctly it wont give ur amp a constant voltage?

because if your alt cannot keep your main battery charged, how is it gonna keep a cap or 2nd battery charged? plus most stiffening capacitors on the market only store up enough energy to run your amp for like 1 second, then has to recharge. a cap will be usefull when you have a large enough electrical system, because the cap can realese energy quickly and give you better bass response on the big bass hits.

are you saying that to me? if so then wow i'll run right out and buy three or four since i MUST have them. call richard clark and explain to him why caps work
No, I was saying that to him, explaining to him why one would not be needed. How could you mis-construe my comment to be aimed at you?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.