caps

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif useless comment!! i asked what the opinions of the people on here were, not whether or not it was a useful thread.
he had commented before but edited for some reason.

I have to agree that no one has really provided any valid evidence on why they don't work. The Big 3 apparently is the **** and gives great performance. I will be doing a cap and the big 3. Caps have been around for way too long for them not to work. Manufacturers would have quit making them a long time ago if they didn't work. I think peoples' misconception is that they are expecting the caps to make there system louder which is not their function. I am putting one in for the sole purpose of less strain on my charging system.

I have to agree that no one has really provided any valid evidence on why they don't work. The Big 3 apparently is the **** and gives great performance. I will be doing a cap and the big 3. Caps have been around for way too long for them not to work. Manufacturers would have quit making them a long time ago if they didn't work. I think peoples' misconception is that they are expecting the caps to make there system louder which is not their function. I am putting one in for the sole purpose of less strain on my charging system.

who has proven that they do work? they were not made to decrease the strain on an electrical system. they were originally intended to be added to an already adequate electrical sysetm. they are intended to improve bass response but these companies cleverly marketed them, and make people believe they help weak electrical systems. i advise you read this thread: http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113426

Read my replies please, then come back and say there is no vaild response explaining why they don't work:rolleyes: .

I have to agree that no one has really provided any valid evidence on why they don't work.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/read.gif.ff512c499c00ed3faae9a20f4b088b29.gif

They work, but not for the reasons most think...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/read.gif.ff512c499c00ed3faae9a20f4b088b29.gif
They work, but not for the reasons most think...
****IT, I saw that smilie the other day and I told myself there would be so many opportunities to use it, but it totally skipped my mind just now. Perfect timing though:crazy:

who has proven that they do work? they were not made to decrease the strain on an electrical system. they were originally intended to be added to an already adequate electrical sysetm. they are intended to improve bass response but these companies cleverly marketed them, and make people believe they help weak electrical systems. i advise you read this thread: http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=113426
I did read this thread. Very good info! However, the tests were also done without a cap. I'd be curious to see the results with one. The only way to do it properly would be to have two identical vehicles with two identical systems, alternators and all, and see which alternator lasted longer. Since no one here is going to do this test this debate will probably always exist.

The only reason I am going to use a cap now is because it will be incorportated into my fiberglass project which I won't be able to add later. Waste of money? Maybe, maybe not.

Read my replies please, then come back and say there is no vaild response explaining why they don't work:rolleyes: .
****, I swear people just see my replies and skip right over them.

Please, read my replies, and copy/paste what info you found that did not prove why a capacitor is not worth tthe money.

...or you could read mine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif I have plans to put an alternator in as well but am still researching as no one has had problems with the stock alternator and a big system on my vehicle that I have found.

...or you could read mine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif I have plans to put an alternator in as well but am still researching as no one has had problems with the stock alternator and a big system on my vehicle that I have found.
Well the big 3 does not include the alternator, so where in that post did you mention an alternator replacement?

Well the big 3 does not include the alternator, so where in that post did you mention an alternator replacement?
I didn't. My car has a decent alternator but I am looking for any excuse to buy one to be safe. I just haven't seen anyone have a problem with it yet running more watts than I'll be running in my particular vehicle. I also didn't mention the battery, sorry, I have a Yellow Top.

OK, well, what I posted earlier was meant to say they do work, but they do not do what most people think they do. They will not help an already struggling electrical system, simply because of how they operate. They will not keep your voltage at 14.4V if you are running big power without ample recharging capabilities. Very simple, I thought I made it that way in my previous posts.

OK, well, what I posted earlier was meant to say they do work, but they do not do what most people think they do. They will not help an already struggling electrical system, simply because of how they operate. They will not keep your voltage at 14.4V if you are running big power without ample recharging capabilities. Very simple, I thought I made it that way in my previous posts.

just let them buy a cap and then when you see a thread titled "just added a cap but i still have dimmage, please help" you can point and laugh at them.

I'm just going to laugh at them now for being idiots.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryexcited.gif.c26a15f316d23068607f36ddacd7a7ab.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif :rotflol: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.