Capacitor Question

EWoofer

Hey guys, I have a 1500w amp that will be going to a JL Audio stealth box in my 350z, it'll be at 2 ohms so it'll push 1125 out of the amp, my question is am I going to have to use a capacitor? I really don't want to but don't want my volts and stuff to drop in the car.

Do the big 3 upgrade and get a new battery if your stock one cranks less than 400 amps.

Don't get the capacitors you're thinking about. "Mainstream" ones from places like sonicelectronix are garbage.

The only capacitors that really work are Maxwell Ultracapacitors (and similar products like what XS power makes). However, these are expensive and you probably wouldn't want them for your application.

Get the big 3 done and throw an AGM batt under the hood in place of your stock batt/ such as an Orileys Super Start AGM,or look for a Duracell AGM, and you should ever have any issues lacking for power/voltage for your set up.Leave the cap out!!(run 0 ga supply and ground with good wiring)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.