capacitor farad question

Big Rich
10+ year member

so yea i know everyones opinions on capacitors so please dont get started on it, i want one and am planning on buying one. i was curious to know that if i went with more farads would it cause any problems.

so they say for every 1000 watts you need at least one farad. my amp is rated at 1600 watts so would it make a difference if i bought a capacitor that was 5 farads or more ???

i plan on getting a stinger capacitor, but does anyone else recomend any other brands to look at.

here we go again:laugh:
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif RAAAGE CAPACITORS RAAAGE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif

Seriously though, if you have to spend money on one, why go so big? I mean, you could spend half the money on a 2F cap and be plenty covered. And you're not wasting so much money. It does the exact same thing as a rolling pin, and they're $50 cheaper.

I don't have anymore headlight dimming. There are no more loss of rpm's either. No electrical issues at all so it's not like I'm getting it to fix and problems. I just want one

Is getting a bigger 5 farad cap going to put a strain on anything or is just adding a 2 farad good enough. I can get either 2 or 5 farads of the same brand for the same exact price.

I don't have anymore headlight dimming. There are no more loss of rpm's either. No electrical issues at all so it's not like I'm getting it to fix and problems. I just want one
Is getting a bigger 5 farad cap going to put a strain on anything or is just adding a 2 farad good enough. I can get either 2 or 5 farads of the same brand for the same exact price.
Yes, but why do you want one?

Because I want to try it out. It's cheap and if it supposedly gives cleaner power to the amp I'd like to give it a shot.

So I figure why not. Let's not get into the discussion that they do nothing I could use the search bar to find threads with that.

I just want to know if more farads has any type of affect.

they make them to make money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Capacitors just store energy; they're used because they can discharge and recharge pretty quickly. They're similar to batteries, but they don't hold as much of a charge and are usually so expensive that a battery would be a better choice.

They're "good" if your voltage is constantly fluctuating, but that's about all they're good for. They won't spray Simple Green on your power, and they aren't magic.

Why the hell do they make them than lol. It has to do something
They make them because people who shop at best buy and believe anything there told keep buying these things. They can give some juice in some situations, but they can also strain if there not working right. Theres been lots of stories of people asking for help on caps, simply to remove them and have there problems answered.

Get a battcap or another battery. will work better and look cooler. Your in NY, find a local car audio shop or go to a competition and ask them about them.

And this "1600w amp" you have... please tell me its not Boss or sumn. That with a cap and your asking for complete fail.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.