Capacitor failure?

Participant count
  • Participant list

WiddleyScudds

NY
I'm about to un-solder a few capacitors in my amp to check if they are going bad because I can't identify any physical damage on my board or capacitors. This is a Renegade REN1000S MK3 amplifier I had professionally bought/installed about a year or two ago. I started hearing knocking noises from my subs one day and my buddy pointed it out as "feedback". I immediately took it to the place I had it installed (custom radio). They took a look, informed me it wasn't under warranty anymore, and told me it was most likely a capacitor going bad sending out a signal that I can hear. Oh yeah, and I could buy a new one for $200. My technical skills prevented me from just buying a new amp, I know how simple a capacitor is to replace. I really hope he wasn't trying to sell me a new amplifier, because i'm the type of person that takes thing apart and fixes them. They apparently hooked up a new amp and everything trying to troubleshoot the noise. The noise is very random, occurring even when I have the music at zero. Can anyone shed some light on which capacitor it might be, or if it even is a capacitor? There is two really big ones, then a line of 3 medium ones and a handful of small ones. Pictures:

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.