Capaciter question

T.I.K.
10+ year member

F*ck it, we'll do it live
Michigan
Around what wattage should I consider using a capacitor? In the very near future I am planning on purchasing a 2400w amp(1200rms) and I'm just wondering if I am going to need a capacitor or not.

caps are like audiobahn everybody used to think they were the sh1t to they used one lol one agm(agsobit glass mat)

battery is alot more effective than any cap like a yellow top/kinetik/powermaster

A good investment for you would be a volt meter, that way you can see how low your voltage is going. If it dips too hard, get yourself a battery.

On a side note, don't let people drive you away from capacitors. When applied properly, they can help

Capacitors are the most useful when your charging system is already capable of supporting your amplifier's current draw, they stabilize voltage so you get a more consistent bass note from the beginning to the end of a song.

But very often people think adding a capacitor will solve everything, which it doesn't... it is only part of an equation.

Capacitor: never*Extra battery: If you want extra capacity with the car off*

HO alternator: If your charging system is inadequate

PERIOD.

thats not always true. if that was the case everyone that competes would only have alts

thats not always true. if that was the case everyone that competes would only have alts
I don't compete and I think that SPL competitions are.... Well, I'm not a fan of them. I'll leave it at that. But aren't they done with the car off, anyway?

I'm in car audio because I enjoy audio (in the music sense, not the bass/loudness sense) and I enjoy cars, not because I have something to prove.

I don't compete and I think that SPL competitions are.... Well, I'm not a fan of them. I'll leave it at that. But aren't they done with the car off, anyway?
I'm in car audio because I enjoy audio (in the music sense, not the bass/loudness sense) and I enjoy cars, not because I have something to prove.
depends on what league you compete in... some will only let you run with engine off, some have rpm limits.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.