Cant stop my alternator whine after adding extra amp...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cameronc

Hello i had minor alternator whine with my system then i added another amp and BAM it is..

Pioneer deh3000ib head, 4 kenwood 4 ways amped by 2xKTX 2 way amps , jbl1000 powered by 1000 watt mono block

i had 1 ktx and 1 monoblock amp going fine then i put 2 rcas going from output on one of the ktx to the input of the other ktx to power it and then all of a sudden have whine which matches revs . iv got the stripped wire grounding rcas on the headunit , i have all grounds clean on the amp side , seperate ground going to chassi for headunit , and even ran a cable from headunit body to the amps ground but still .. whine..?

I suggested search as there are some good sites out there that will walk you thru step by step to narrow down the culprit...if you don't perform the check methodically then you will be chasing your tail. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

that is more often than not the culprit of alt whine, had the same issue with my 980 till i grounded the rca, i have seen that a lot and it is a pretty easy and basic thing to do, so its a good place to start.

I recently fixed alternator whine by replacing rca patch from head unit to my amp. The sun heated up the dash and then the cheap rca got hot and the ground/shield had seperated from the terminal.

So simple and overlooked stuff always gets me.

I even thought my beloved Alpine 3555 was the culprit because it sounded like a "noisy" amp.

LMAO, I was replacing caps in it for no reason !@!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.