anybody have any experience with massive audio?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sstumpf

Senior VIP Member
Has anyone use the massive audio components? I am looking at a set of the SK6 II. For a good price. Are they any good? I will be replacing my diamond d661, how do they compare? Im looking for a good clear sound.

Also what about the CK6's?

SK6 II is a box of paperweights compared to a good set like I'm sure your D661 is. That's a shallow set that has no business going into a vehicle that isn't really tight on clearance for the magnet. I have used the SX6 coaxials back when I first tried Massive Audio several years ago. I enjoyed them for what they were, but I would not expect them to be able to play loud and clear like you're seeking to do.

CK6 was a forum boner a while back, then the demand dropped like a rock as people moved on, as usually is the case with trendy products. I have not heard them, but there are reviews all over the Internet.

Thanks for all your help man, Im just not sure what to get, so many sets out there. If I had a local place to go and listen to some, It would be a lot easier. But i have to buy something without hearing them first. I have been reading some reviews on the CK6 and people seem to like them a lot. I found a good price on a set, Maybe i should give those a try. But then again maybe I should just go with the Diamond sxp 65's that you have. And yes I have decided against the SK6, No reason to get those.

Yes, there is best buy. But they dont have anything good for component speakers. The best they have is polk components and alpine type s components. other than that there is no where else. So I just have to do a lot of research online to try and get what I want.

You have no stores nearby to listen to component speakers? Not even a Best Buy?
The only department at Best Buy that might get less love than the CarFi section would be appliances. In 10+ years with the company I never saw a car dept. outside of the store I was in that was properly merchandised and functional.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.