Cant hear phone audio thru pioneer nex

Bromagna

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 20, 2020
Wisconsin
I have a pioneer 7200nex in my car and never used to have any issues but as of recently i noticed, after trying to make a phonecall over bluetooth for the first time in a while, i cannot hear any phone audio. When i dial a number from my phone, my music on my headunit goes off like its switched over to a phone call. I can see on my phone that it is dialing as the time counter keeps going up and if i switch my phone over to speak, i can now hear the phone call. Also if i go under the actual "mode" part of my head unit and switch from like my radio over to "bluetooth audio" it then works and i can hear the phone call. I never used to have to do that. If my bluetooth was connected to my phone and i was listening to the radio, and made a call or got a call my radio would switch automatically over to the phone and i could hear and talk just fine. Any ideas?

dragon.breath

Senior VIP Member
10+ year member
Nov 22, 2007
Al
Sometimes pioneer has software updates for car stereos on their website. You can try that, if not you may want to do a hard reset on the head unit.

winkychevelle

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Jun 21, 2009
Ponchatoula, La
Usually when it does that it's time for a firmware update. That said my avh-x2800bs is a 2016 model and they haven't posted a firmware update for it in quite some time.

I'm planning on going up to there 9inch floating display for the new features but having my phone back would be nice as well.

Otherwise the radio does everything I want it to do. I just want Google maps on the radio more than anything

Bromagna

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 20, 2020
Wisconsin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Normally when i would get a call or Make one it would automatically switch to bluetooth audio automatically. Now if i want to hear the call i have to manually switch to bt audio

Bromagna

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jun 20, 2020
Wisconsin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Usually when it does that it's time for a firmware update. That said my avh-x2800bs is a 2016 model and they haven't posted a firmware update for it in quite some time.

I'm planning on going up to there 9inch floating display for the new features but having my phone back would be nice as well.

Otherwise the radio does everything I want it to do. I just want Google maps on the radio more than anything
Last week i got a new sd card and downloaded the new firmware from pioneer website and installed the new firmware in my car. I've had this same problem in the past i just dont remember what i was told to do to fix it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds