Can't get accurate tuning

Participant count
  • Participant list

DocJames

I built a box for my car had really good finished 1/2" layered cabinet wood. I needed the length and height to be exact for car fitting. After making the entire box and cutting sub holes, setting 2 12s inside the top seemed a bit flimsy. I removed the top and went and bought 1" mdx board and replaced both the top and port slot with the MDX. Which brings me to my question... I can't use regular box port calculators because they assume your going to use all the same wood. (like a normal human would) How can I tell what this is tuned at now?? box dementions in the pic below.

View attachment 26553650Like I said everything except top and port slot is 1/2" and those 2 are 1".

I built a box for my car had really good finished 1/2" layered cabinet wood. I needed the length and height to be exact for car fitting. After making the entire box and cutting sub holes, setting 2 12s inside the top seemed a bit flimsy. I removed the top and went and bought 1" mdx board and replaced both the top and port slot with the MDX. Which brings me to my question... I can't use regular box port calculators because they assume your going to use all the same wood. (like a normal human would) How can I tell what this is tuned at now?? box dementions in the pic below. View attachment 26553650Like I said everything except top and port slot is 1/2" and those 2 are 1".
if you are using 1 inch for the top then just subtract .25 from your height and use the box calculator as normal with .75 all around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.