Can't find box recommendations for IA Flatlyne

Participant count
  • Participant list

Vecticus
10+ year member

Dubstepper
I'm plan on building a box for a IA Flatlyne 15" D4. I'll have 900wrms on it from a Boston Acoustic 2200. Website doesn't have anything recommending box dimensions. Only thing I see is Driver Displacement .15 cubic feet. Wtf does that mean? I would like to tune it to 28hz. Where do I go from here? Ported or sealed?

That amp is 900wrms bridged mono. It is a 750wrms sub. Why would I need more than that? I'm not looking to compete. I just want to catch those low frequencies and enjoy my music.

That amp is 900wrms bridged mono. It is a 750wrms sub. Why would I need more than that? I'm not looking to compete. I just want to catch those low frequencies and enjoy my music.
you're fine its my mistake.

3.5 after sub and port. i personally wouldnt reccomend 28hx tuning alot of people find they dont like it after they build it. i would do 32hz with 3 4'' aeros.

x2 on the tuning don't tune below 30hz in a vehicle. You really don't gain any low end and all you do is lose high end response and overall output. If your box is gonna be setup so the port is facing something like the wall of your trunk it will lower your tuning anyways.

[quote name='Vecticus']What are 3-4" (aeros)? Yeah someone in a thread somewhere suggested 3.25 cubed box.[/QUOTE] go to buck.. i cant do much more for you since i am not a vendor

[quote name='Kangaroux']x2 on the tuning don't tune below 30hz in a vehicle. You really don't gain any low end and all you do is lose high end response and overall output. If your box is gonna be setup so the port is facing something like the wall of your trunk it will lower your tuning anyways.[/QUOTE]thanks for backup

[quote name='MisterDeadeye']Math. Or you can just have someone make a design for you. @Buck.[/QUOTE]
:uhoh:

go to buck.. i cant do much more for you since i am not a vendor
thanks for backup

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
What? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Just pm'ed Buck. I checked out the Lethal Injection specs and they have no box recommendations either. Kind of upsetting to know a company who is supposed to make good subs can't even post a simple thing like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.