please help me to design a slotted sub box

Participant count
  • Participant list

coolstud-2008

idaho
hi there, i need some help in designing a sub box so i can get the most from my new woofers.

im building a system in a 2000 dodge durango. currently i have planet audio components up front and rockford fosgate 3 ways in the back.

planet audio gives the specs for a seled and ported enclosure but i want to build a slotted/folded horn enclosure.

i need designing a nice slotted box for the subs. i want a box that is loud, deep, clean, and can hit some highs as well. the subs i have are 2 12'' planet audio bb212ds that will run off of a planet audio bb2400.1 3000 watt amp.

here are the specs for a ported enclosure from planet:

ported enclosure:

mounting diameter=11 1/4''

mounting depth=7 7/8''

box volume=1.5 cu ft

f3=28

port frequency=31hz

port diameter=3 inches

port length=8 inches

sealed enclosure:

f3=39

box volume=1.0 cu ft

any help is very appreciated, thank you

i just want plans, all the dimensions basically. the specst hat they planet gives are for a ported box or a sealed, they do not have information for a folded horn. I want a folded horn, i just want to make sure that im buildign the right box so that i can use all of their potential. the links that you posted are for a single or a tripple box. could you post a link for the exact box that would be good for my setup? also i have a 2000 dodge durango, do you think you would go with a folded horn in this vehicle? i listen to a mix of all music, but most rap and such. in the past i have built alot of awesome sounding boxes, just never port tuned them.

any help is much appreciated, thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.