Can't figure out how to get my sound working....

Participant count
  • Participant list

gmpisawresome

Hello, this is my first post here. So, I bought a BOSS Riot R1100M, and can't seem to get much output from my speaker, a kicker l712s. Here are my questions:

1. I hooked everything up at 2ohm and turned the gain up all the way on the amp. I used my phone and my laptop as an RCA input, but there was barely any volume. The output voltage going to the sub never went about .5v... Is this because the phone/laptop cant output enough signal to be amplified?

2. If number 2 is true, would having a speaker line-in from my head unit (Celica 2000) fix my problem?

3. How would I go about splicing into the speaker wires to get a speaker line in cable? My car has the head unit as well as a factory amp, so should I run the line in from the speaker after it has been amplified or before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the supposed wiring information for my car:

At the amplifier:

Red/Blue - FL (+)

Red/Black - FL (-)

Pink - Tweeter Left (+)

Purple - Tweeter Left (-)

Black - RL (+)

Yellow - RL (-)

Green - FR (+)

Blue/White - FR (-)

Light Green - Tweeter Right (+)

Blue - Tweeter Right (-)

Red - RR (+)

Head unit:

pin 1 Blue/Yellow Battery 12V

pin 3 Red out to Amplifier 12V

pin 7 Brown Mute

pin 8 Red Front Right +

pin 9 White Front Left +

pin 11 Green Accessory power 12V

pin 16 Black Shared Ground (speaker)

pin 17 Green Beep signal

pin 18 Blue Right Rear +

pin 19 Yellow Left Rear +

pin 20 Brown Ground (system)

Hello, this is my first post here. So, I bought a BOSS Riot R1100M, and can't seem to get much output from my speaker, a kicker l712s. Here are my questions:
1. I hooked everything up at 2ohm and turned the gain up all the way on the amp. I used my phone and my laptop as an RCA input, but there was barely any volume. The output voltage going to the sub never went about .5v... Is this because the phone/laptop cant output enough signal to be amplified?

2. If number 2 is true, would having a speaker line-in from my head unit (Celica 2000) fix my problem?

3. How would I go about splicing into the speaker wires to get a speaker line in cable? My car has the head unit as well as a factory amp, so should I run the line in from the speaker after it has been amplified or before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the supposed wiring information for my car:
i cant help but feel like this is a troll bait thread

I agree the troll is strong but to humor the OP...

1. Buy a larger/better amp. Used if budget is tight. That amp isn't capable of "loud" output.

2. What did you measure amp output voltage with? Meter on VAC not VDC? The output is AC.

3. Ideally, you snag the signal before the factory amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.