cant breath with subs in car.

I believe there is a point when sonic wavelengths could kill you, but I dont think there is a documented instance.
You would go deaf and become a veggie before you would just drop dead, imo.

if it could kill you i'm pretty sure it would take atleast 165 + DB on a stiff sensor to do it. even then i'd be skeptical. 170 i would think could kill you.

There has to be a more scientific explanation for this effect though.
My guess is the amount of air the driver(s) is/are moving changes the pressure in the cabin of the car enough to affect the normal intake of air...

Or something...
sort of... you said the magic word... PRESSURE

as in sound pressure level. enough SPL(pressure) and it will statr to push on you hard. kind of like undergoing atmospheric pressure underwater, try to go 5 feet underwater and breath through a hose //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif , its not because of instinct, it is because of water pressure. and SPL works the same way

i say congrats if your car does that, because that is **** loud. and on that note... use it resplonsibly :thumb:

i posted, then realized this is 3 pages long, but...

Hmmm can you prove that some one died from there bass???
there are documented cases of people dyeing from HIGH SPL systems... although they can be dismissed as fluke...

like everything in life, there are about 8 billion variables. much like the guy on this site who lost his vision in one eye due to a stereo. if i remember correctly he had been having sinus issues, and the pressure in his sinus's combined with the high pressure created by a car stereo caused severe pressure in his sinus cavities which pinched a nerve leading to his eye. and iirc also, this was temporary, while it was a LONG process of getting his vision back it did eventually come back, or it is in the process of coming back.

much like people dyeing due to high SPL systems, there have be other factors involved, namely the persons resonant frequency. for example, 160Db can theoretically stop the heart... but this happens at different freq's for different people. likewise for other effects... everyone is different, and everyone is affected differently. so yes it is possible, it is possible for a low amount of pressure to affect someone, it is all dependent on the person and the circumstances //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

my bass is so loud i think i should get a tube permently inserted into my chest so i can just relieve the air myself while i'm beatin down the block.
You mean port your chest? Just make sure you tune it the same as your box.... To get some of the variables, you will have to fill your body with some liquid and measure it exactly to get the precise amoust of liters. Just make sure I'm in your will.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.