CDT braxials

sleek_benzo
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
due to lack of space i cannot put speakers in kicks.. so figure next best thing would be braxials..

i've been searching on them and haven't found much..

wondering if anyone are currently using them.. if so, how are they holding up?

how do they match up with regular components? advantages and disadvantages?

should i just stick with HD62??

my plan: HD-63 Braxial w/ IEK in dash (is IEK necessary??)

i have no experience with braxials before and wondering if someone can shed some light on it..

vehicle: 1999 mercedes c280

amp: either JL 450/4 or JL 300/2

money isn't an issue..

They are no worse in build quality wise ('how are they holding up?').

Pro: Sound comes from one place, so theoretically a better point source

Con: Sometimes you don't want the tweeter that close. Sometimes you want to put it around 4" away from the midbass, or on the A-pilar.

Mounting is not really different from a normal 6.5" I don't think, so I don't understand that part.

sorry.. i should of been more clear..

how do they sound?? compare to regular components.. (real world comparsion)

if i do decide to get the braxials i would get the IEK for it.. i have stock location for tweets in dash..

a total for 4 tweets.. i'm just a little concern over imaging.. wouldn't the tweets be overwhelming??

i like all around sound.. love strong midbass..

though i seldomly listen to bass at extreme volume..

(folks i'm still a newbie so bear with me...)

if you mounted the tweets off the speaker, then there would be no difference between them and "regular" components //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

FYI: Boston Pro's have the "braxial" mounting bridge option as well. Also, you can find just any old regular component set that you like, and make your own "bridge" for the tweeter out of metal strapping or something. Don't limit yourself to the CDT "braxial" just because of the tweeter mounting.

sorry.. i should of been more clear..
how do they sound?? compare to regular components.. (real world comparsion)

if i do decide to get the braxials i would get the IEK for it.. i have stock location for tweets in dash..

a total for 4 tweets.. i'm just a little concern over imaging.. wouldn't the tweets be overwhelming??

i like all around sound.. love strong midbass..

though i seldomly listen to bass at extreme volume..

(folks i'm still a newbie so bear with me...)

Braxials == regular comps for the most part. However, if you have room to mount the braxials, I don't see why you couldn't at least surface mount a seperate tweeter...

Also, I'd just disconnect the dash stock tweets, and I wouldn't get the IEK kit unless you discover you need it. Don't buy it when you might not need it.

um..

so there's no real world review on them??

i've also read about them being use as coaxials.. wondering why that is??

so basically.. they're just HD-62 with a attachment for the tweet..

anyone has specs on them.. the one of the cdt site isn't very infomational..

They are the exact same as the hd62's components. Just the have a bridge mount across the mid for the tweeter. I have had mine set-up both ways in 3 different vehicles and they all sounded better with the tweeter mounted braxial style. They are amazing speakers but need alot of power to really come to life. Atleast 125 per side if you really want them to hit 175 per side //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I am going to sell mine if you are interested as I have to use my 2nd set for my Z because the braxial mounts wont fit behind my very close door panels. 1 mid is popped due to x-over not x-overing at almost ful volume and it received full range and came out of the basket //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif You would need one mid replaced for around $50 thru cdt. $150 there yours.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.